Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pavlik Sick? Tito Couldnt Concentrate Because of 9/11? Tarver Poisioned?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crillz View Post
    there are certain things you must realize before making such comments, the fight was rescheduled from September 14th until September 29th which is 15 days, which means 2 weeks and a day and this is on top of him coming early on fight week to settle in so in all he had to wait over half a month after his REAL preparation to fight. all the while Bernard is at his REAL training camp the whole time training viciously..

see you think "hey well he was still training right?" yea but where? in a gym full of fans and not so good sparring nor basis for a fighter his stature. in the end it was half assed training and he just didn't seem like who he was.. also he DID do a lot of things for 9/11, Tito Trinidad is beloved by the whole NY so he put in his part, he took days out of training to go make speeches, appearances and hospital visits to random survivors, NYC is FULL of fans so everywhere he went it consumed time, time that he couldn't FULLY dedicate to his training as opposed to if he were in Puerto Rico..

I'm not saying he would have won, Bernard is a dirty ass fighter with a flawless defense so he still could have won but Trinidad would have looked MUCH better than that.. he looked different and it was clear that time affected him. once again though he still might have lost but I think he would have mounted up a better fight and to sit there and pretend that something like that doesn't affect a fighter coming into a big fight is much more foolish than you claiming people saying he lost because of 9/11 because truth is when you prepare for a date as a fighter you have your mind set to that date, you're ready for THAT date, so when such a big crisis happens and you're left stuck in a place where EVERYONE and their mothers.. literally ..love you to death it makes it very difficult not to help and show support, his fight was postponed and he couldn't return to Puerto Rico so him as the peoples champion he is he was heavily involved with the public..

Trinidad doesn't just fight for himself, he's one of those REAL fighter whom fight for his people, just like Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton, they love their people and Trinidad was fully exposed to that, he couldn't turn away dogz real talk. to him the fight was important but this in a way was more important to him personally. I wont say it COST him the fight because as I'll once again repeat he very well could have still lost but he could have looked much better than that, it DID affect him and that is fact dogz, just thought I'd put you on..

You sound silly to say such things, trying to downplay Hop's win. Give us a bias report on what happened in the Winky/Trinidad fight will you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
      Tito never said it was due to the 9/11, he just said Hopkins was stronger, some other people said that but not Tito.
      very true, Tito is a very good sportsman and he accepted his defeat, true professionals do that. Hopkins is a bigger dude though, either way with or without the 9/11 crash he still could have lost but I think it did affect him, he is a real ***** so he owned up to it, he gave the other man his proper respect and didn't demean his clean attitude by spewing excuses but in my opinion I think it affected him. he was all threw my neighborhood that whole period he was stuck here, mad Spanish food restaurants have pictures of him there, plenty of places do and this is just MY neighborhood, we aren't talking about the other boroughs, **** is real dogz..

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
        You sound silly to say such things, trying to downplay Hop's win. Give us a bias report on what happened in the Winky/Trinidad fight will you.
        I ain't trying to downplay **** homie I said already he STILL could have lost but I just think that he probably could have brought a little of the Trinidad that showed up against Vargas, it would have been a better fight.. truth is **** like that affects a fighters mind dogz, his personal **** plus the cut in preparation, that **** takes a toll. I gave Bernard his respect, I think he is a dirty fighter but I also think he is a defensive genius and as a fan of BOXING I give it to him, he knows how to win fights by any means necessary and I gotta respect it. he didn't beat Trinidad DUE to the 9/11 crash, he beat him because he was able to stay away from that hook, he put on a good performance and I take nothing away from him it's just I thought Tito could have been more impactful in the fight at the time he wasn't in any lay offs and he was active, I just expected to see that Tito against Vargas but then again this is only opinion and fact is Bernard won the fight so respect to him but there was a BIG difference in Tito even from the Joppy fight, it's just something I noticed dogz and there are things I know that happen to be true so it is what it is, September 29 2001 speaks for itself..

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
          I ain't trying to downplay **** homie I said already he STILL could have lost but I just think that he probably could have brought a little of the Trinidad that showed up against Vargas, it would have been a better fight.. truth is **** like that affects a fighters mind dogz, his personal **** plus the cut in preparation, that **** takes a toll. I gave Bernard his respect, I think he is a dirty fighter but I also think he is a defensive genius and as a fan of BOXING I give it to him, he knows how to win fights by any means necessary and I gotta respect it. he didn't beat Trinidad DUE to the 9/11 crash, he beat him because he was able to stay away from that hook, he put on a good performance and I take nothing away from him it's just I thought Tito could have been more impactful in the fight at the time he wasn't in any lay offs and he was active, I just expected to see that Tito against Vargas but then again this is only opinion and fact is Bernard won the fight so respect to him but there was a BIG difference in Tito even from the Joppy fight, it's just something I noticed dogz and there are things I know that happen to be true so it is what it is, September 29 2001 speaks for itself..
          Ok thats cool, just wasnt sure, you dont seem really bias, just used to some others on here who will go to any lengths for a couple Russian fighters who I wont name.

Comment

All of Hopkins' opponets have excuses after getting their asses whipped by him. He makes guys look so mediocre in there it's insane.

Pavlik was all fine leading up to the fight, then all of a sudden he had brusitis, and an inflamed muscle sac in his elbow.......

Tito was cool going in as the favorite who just KO'd a career Middleweight who Hopkins himself couldn't KO, then all of a sudden he was "blown up", and afraid after September 11th......

Tarver was all talk going in, he was going to "kill another legend" if I recall correctly. Turns out he was poisoned before the fight by an unknown assailant.......

Calzaghe "slipped" in the first round against 'Nard......

Winky Wright did nothing but ***** and moan after getting brutalized by Hopkins...........

Comment

Pavlik's excuse is probebly more legitimate than Trinidads and Tarvers. especially Tarvers, which is baloney

Comment

Working...
              X