Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would anselmo moreno do against rigo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Mares had the right idea when he fought Moreno....literally smother him and don't let him move, throw a million punches, and you'll win.

Though I'd clearly favor Rigondeaux to Mares....I'd like to see what Rigondeaux does against someone who will not let the fight set at a distance no matter what and who gives him no room to breathe, and who can actually cut a ring off.

Rigondeaux-Moreno would be like Mayweather-Marquez, in the sense that Rigondeaux does everything Moreno can do, only that much better. It'd be a white wash in my opinion.
    good post
    rigo rarely touches the ropes, when it looks like it's about to happen he uses alot of quick circling and explosive footwork and it would be interesting if mares could get him to burnout

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He's not a better inside fighter than Moreno. Not from what I've seen.

But I agree I'd pick Rigondeaux to win but it would be an interesting fight IMO.

Not happening though so pointless talking about it.
      So, not being able to get suckered into an inside fight means he's not as good on the inside?

That makes no sense. His inside game consists of footwork, and angles, not allowing you to get a clean hit on him. If you go to the body, step back, punch to the face. If you get in on him, and throw to his head, side step, or step back, and punch to the face again, all while spinning you as if you're an amateur.

He goes Matrix on you. That's a testament to his boxing skills, and ability to not get sucked into an inside fight.
      Last edited by Tim2daresq; 04-16-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
        So, not being able to get suckered into an inside fight means he's not as good on the inside?

That makes no sense. His inside game consists of footwork, and angles, not allowing you to get a clean hit on him. If you go to the body, step back, punch to the face. If you get in on him, and throw to his head, side step, or step back, and punch to the face again.

He goes Matrix on you. That's a testament to his boxing skills, and ability to not get sucked into an inside fight.
        I said "From what I've seen" meaning I haven't seen Rigondeaux's inside game because he's yet to have needed to use it. Who is better on the inside is unknown, but from what I've seen you can't say Rigondeaux is better on the inside than Moreno. Which was nothing but a mere response to a statment.

Your second paragraph and view on Rigondeaux's inside game clearly indicates to me the definition of what "Inside" fighting is elludes you.

"Not getting suckered into an inside fight" isn't an inside game
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 04-16-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I said "From what I've seen" meaning I haven't seen Rigondeaux's inside game because he's yet to have needed to use it. Who is better on the inside is unknown, but from what I've seen you can't say Rigondeaux is better on the inside than Moreno. Which was nothing but a mere response to a statment.

You're second paragraph and view on Rigondeaux's inside game clearly indicates to me the definition of what "Inside" fighting is elludes you.

"Not getting suckered into an inside fight" isn't an inside game
          It's a testament to his angles, and boxing abilities, that he doesn't SETTLE for an inside fight. He's like Pernell in that way. He stands his ground, while making you miss. Yeah, by definition, he's not fighting on the inside, but he's making you miss on the inside.

Comment

his length might give him some problems at first, given the nature of the fight he wants. he'd figure out a way to land his gas eventually, though. when that happens a relatively light puncher in chemito would have a hard time winning rounds.

rigondeaux on points. moreno would win more rounds than donaire, i'd guess.

Comment

It's a testament to his angles, and boxing abilities, that he doesn't SETTLE for an inside fight. He's like Pernell in that way. He stands his ground, while making you miss. Yeah, by definition, he's not fighting on the inside, but he's making you miss on the inside.
              Precisely.

It's a testament to his skills and ability to keep it from going onto the inside.

This doesn't make that an inside game This is common sense.

And it's nothing like Pernell Whitaker. Pernell Whitaker would fight on the inside on a regular basis.

Comment

i dont know but id love to ...

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Mares had the right idea when he fought Moreno....literally smother him and don't let him move, throw a million punches, and you'll win.

Though I'd clearly favor Rigondeaux to Mares....I'd like to see what Rigondeaux does against someone who will not let the fight set at a distance no matter what and who gives him no room to breathe, and who can actually cut a ring off.

Rigondeaux-Moreno would be like Mayweather-Marquez, in the sense that Rigondeaux does everything Moreno can do, only that much better. It'd be a white wash in my opinion.
                  Although I agree that rigo would win this fight, i don't think it would be the type of fight mayweather-marquez was. Moreno has the height/reach/ jab/movement/defense to give rigo problems. If anything id compare rigo-mares to mayweather-Hatton in that mares is gonna be rushing into hard counters all night before finally being tkod late in the fight

Comment

Precisely.

It's a testament to his skills and ability to keep it from going onto the inside.

This doesn't make that an inside game This is common sense.

And it's nothing like Pernell Whitaker. Pernell Whitaker would fight on the inside on a regular basis.
                    It's exactly like Pernell. Slip and rip, and dip and dodge. Pernell just like Floyd, doesn't have the p4p power that Rigo does. He has the concussive power, mixed with his defense. That's a huge reason why people don't bum rush, and try to mix it up with him. He forces you to fight his fight.

He's an anomaly. The concussive power of a power hitter, and the boxing of a modern day genius.
                    Last edited by Tim2daresq; 04-16-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

It's exactly like Pernell. Slip and rip, and dip and dodge. Pernell just like Floyd, doesn't have the p4p power that Rigo does. He has the concussive power, mixed with his defense. That's a huge reason why people don't bum rush, and try to mix it up with him. He forces you to fight his fight.

He's an anomaly. The concussive power of a power hitter, and the boxing of a modern day genius.
                      No, really, it's nothing like Pernell Whitaker.

Pernell Whitaker would willingly fight inside on a regular basis.

By your own accord, Rigondeaux does not do that.

Comment

Working...
                      X