No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer, De La Hoya Discuss Mayweather vs. Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer, De La Hoya Discuss Mayweather vs. Guerrero

The Golden Boy brass was present for Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero’s thrilling triumph in Ontario, Calif., over Andre Berto Saturday night, and commented on the winner’s outing.

“[It was a] beautiful performance,” the promotional company's president Oscar De La Hoya told BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com. “He did a great job. He showed the world he belongs at 147 [pounds], and let’s go after the best.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Berto is **** always has been...Guerrero should have some more fights at 147. I don't think Floyd dominating Guerrero does anything for his career or makes him that much money...at this point the only dangerous opponent for Floyd are Pacquiao, Canelo or Martinez...anything but those guys just comes down to an entertainment value and Guerrero doesn't provide that imo and won't be getting the fight

Comment

His response sounds like he wants to do Canelo vs Mayweather

Comment

Fight is a mismatch. A gross mismatch.

Comment

Mayweather is gonna take the Guerrero fight, hopefully doesnt

Comment

Guerrero would get picked apart. His style last night reminded me of Margarito. Tons of workrate with absolutely zero defense! I see Floyd taking this fight though! Zero risk.

Comment

No One Wants To See This Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                Mayweather is gonna take the Guerrero fight, hopefully doesnt

I agree it's a mismatch, and prolly won't be competitive. .

But who else is there for Floyd? Well, I'd first rather see him fight Sergio @ 154, and hten Canelo. Preferably have Canelo and Sergio fight first, though. . Since Sergio wants no part of GGG. . .

But options are really limited for Floyd. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  Guerrero would get picked apart. His style last night reminded me of Margarito. Tons of workrate with absolutely zero defense! I see Floyd taking this fight though! Zero risk.
                  he fought outside his comfort zone because he saw teh blueprint on how to beat Berto from both Ortiz, and Collazo: Take it to Berto on the inside, where he squares up, and is helpless basically. . . If you try to box Berto from the outside, or hook with him from mid-range, he'll eventually catch you due to his superior athleticism, speed, and reflexes. Also has better "one shot" power. .

But if you take it to him on the inside, he's infantile, and vulnerable. In hindsight, I'm not suprised Guerrero did this. But I was thinking at first he might not be strong enough to deal with Berto even on the inside. . . But what a great, genius game plan from Guerrero and his team.

Guerrero's first choice is always to box from distance behind his southpaw jab. . But last night he showed he can adjust his game, and follow a game plan.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing this...ONLY so Rob can get those dollars...thats all....plus he's good enough to beat Floyd if Floyd is not completely on his game imo....thats the ONLY way I can see him beating Floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X