Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC cards June 6th,13th and 20th. Guerrero, Wilder and Broner slated to be on them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    No idea,but you can kind of Narrow down Wilder's if you look at the WBC top 15 and dissect who can and can't fight
    Chis Arreola, Tony Thompson, Arthur Spilka

... unless the WBC changes their ratings up

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
      What's the likely network breakdown for these cards?

If 6/13 Guerrero is afternoon, would that be CBS?

And would the June 20/21 be an NBC/NBCSN double?
      Outside of Erroll Spence, none of the other recent Olympians have been able to break out just yet, so an NBCSN telecast would make a ton of sense, imo; doubt that they will gamble with having Adrien Broner featuring on another NBC card though. (The fact that the card would be on Sunday kind of throws any prediction off, tbh)

Wilder, WBC heavyweight champ, making his hometown first defense, will likely end up featuring on CBS.

Beyond that, it'll come down to the matchups; if the Guerrero fight ends up being Guerrero vs Josesito Lopez (with a quality second fight on the bill), I see that ending up as the type of showdown that would get Teddy Atlas going on the first edition of PBC on ESPN.

If Adrien Broner ends up fighting a non-fight ... I honestly don't know where they'd put him and not embarrass the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Dates are 1-2 months away yet no fighters or opponents have been finalized
        ... to the public.

Adrien Broner was shown in Floyd's gym, within the last week or so, in pretty good shape (before even the return date was disclosed to the public); there are likely 3-4 opponents being looked at, they have likely been informed by their management to possibly be ready, and I have no doubt that those fighters are already in their gyms keeping fit.

Announcements start to come in the next few weeks, and everyone has 5-6 weeks to fully ramp up training, beyond the 'keep fit' stage.

Comment

Great, a bunch of short notice opponents, smh.

Might as well throw Santa Cruz vs TBA on that list too.

Comment

Good names but since most opponents are TBD, it gives me little hope that the matchups are going to be any good,which is more important than the names if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
            X