No announcement yet.

Dwyer describes Wlad's performance as masterful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwyer describes Wlad's performance as masterful

You know Wlad did good when even Dwyer gives him props (he rarely does in any of Wlad's fights).

Some very good points. Especially about the movement and timing. Things of beauty.

Just re-watched the fight. Admittedly I was intoxicated when it was live. Pure target practice for Wlad; but he did vary his shot selection well.

Leapai showed heart, but was really a slow moving punchbag. Wlad tried to get him out of there early - detonating big right hands - and it was a lovely KO finish.

Comment

Dwyer really doesn't like Wlad or Pacquiao for some reason

He has guys like Miguel Vasquez and Leo Santa Cruz over them on his P4P list. I'm not even joking.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

He has guys like Miguel Vasquez and Leo Santa Cruz over them on his P4P list. I'm not even joking.
        That's very true. He was highly praising Bradley before Pacquiao fight, he was even saying this might be Bradley's generation not Floyd's, but after Manny beat him, he didn't even put him nowhere near P4P list.

With Wlad it's the pretty much the same. He respects Vitali much more than Wlad, but he did made a few very good comments on this one.

Lateral movement is one of them. I only realised it later after the fight, but Wlad is moving incredibly well for 38 old, 250lb guy. I don't see the guy who can effectively defend against his jab, straight right and left hook. He can take you with either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

Dwyer is pure gold

Comment

Yep Wlad is elite, i dont understand why people dont rate him higher. He is also among the hit and dont get hit fighters. He wins his fights like a true dominant champ, without receiving unneccesary punishment. He's too good for someone that size

Comment

I don't get Dwyer sometimes. He's got all this love for Vitali, but the guy underestimates Wlad so much that he was advising a straddle with this fight and thinks Wlad improved his game because he looked so good against Leapai? How do you not assume he looks good with Leapai. I like Leapai but the guy isn't Povetkin for crying out loud. He also did a post fight video praising Wlad for the Pianeta fight. Again, nothing against Pianeta but he was one of the least challenges Wlad's had to fight against for a title. Dwyer has a unique view lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                I don't get Dwyer sometimes. He's got all this love for Vitali, but the guy underestimates Wlad so much that he was advising a straddle with this fight and thinks Wlad improved his game because he looked so good against Leapai? How do you not assume he looks good with Leapai. I like Leapai but the guy isn't Povetkin for crying out loud. He also did a post fight video praising Wlad for the Pianeta fight. Again, nothing against Pianeta but he was one of the least challenges Wlad's had to fight against for a title. Dwyer has a unique view lol.
                he lets his emotions sway his opinion on a lot of fighters.

Comment

He beat up on a bum, one of the worst title challengers I can remember. Masterful is not a word you use for that, you save it for when Wlad actually deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    He beat up on a bum, one of the worst title challengers I can remember. Masterful is not a word you use for that, you save it for when Wlad actually deserves it.
                    doesn't really mater who he fights when it comes to display the certain things. You can show your speed and coordination by shadowboxing.

speed, coordination, movement and ring generalship are the things Wlad presented beautifully. It is not even about punching at all..

Comment

Working...
                    X