Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*VIDEO* Interview with Erislandy Lara about Hatton (In Spanish)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *VIDEO* Interview with Erislandy Lara about Hatton (In Spanish)

Basically he says he almost knocked Hatton out and Mayweather Sr stopped it after 7 rounds and never called him back. And Mayweather also said to Hatton before they started sparring "this here is a boy".

http://dowland.fanaticos.com/2009/05...-ricky-hatton/

I dont speak spanish so i hope one of the espanioras speaking poster would be kind enough to translate the whole thing for us.

Comment

Man that's long to translate, that's why I did a summary. Plus Lara's Cuban accent is a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
        Man that's long to translate, that's why I did a summary. Plus Lara's Cuban accent is a nightmare.
        oh okay, But what does Snr mean by "This here is a boy"...

Comment

Well that's the translation, he said "eso es un niño". Meaning he´s just a boy and no match for Hatton i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
            Well that's the translation, he said "eso es un niño". Meaning he´s just a boy and no match for Hatton i guess.
            Hatton es un hijo de puta madre!

Comment

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
              I dont speak spanish so i hope one of the espanioras speaking poster would be kind enough to translate the whole thing for us.
              http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=23

Comment

"thats just a little boy(or baby)"

Thats what floyd mayweather, ricky hattons trainer, said when cuban erislandy lara turned up to sparr with his charge in preparation for the hatton-pacquiao fight

Acoording to what Lara himself told us in an intervew, it seems that Mayweather and Hatton didnt know about amateur world champion lara's power.
                When they noticed, it was too late.

Lara was led to believe that Hatton was a lion in the ring but when he entered the square with the english man, Lara noticed that"the lion was maneless(had no mane)".
                He gave such a beating to the macunian fighter that Mayweather decide to stop the sparring session after only 7 rounds. They never called him again.

let me see listen to the intervie to see if he says something worth noting.....

Comment

almost literaly, he said that when mayweather saw him, he said he was just a kid and that he was about to sparr a lion, but the lion had no mane, because lara almost KO'ed him, and they stopped it in round #7, and that even though they were scheduled to sparr more, he was never called to do it again, because they said that he hits too hard, but he says he was just doing the same thing he always does, and he says he didnt feel anything that surprised him about hatton, because he has experience and has never felt any kind of pressure....then he gets all cotto talking about his future in a im prepared, i leave it up to my trainers, bla, bla......the most interesting thing he said is that he doesnt know who the top fighters in his divison are......

Comment

well, in hatton's defense, lara is a jr middleweight and hatton is a jr welterweight.

but I did expect hatton to fare better than get knocked around by lara. the writing should've been on the wall after this sparring session.

I mean this was one of hatton's longest training sessions ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X