Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of the HBO commentary team...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pronouncing words is hard. if floyd(tbe) can't do it a peon like lampley has no chance, that's why he resorts to sounds most of the time bang bang bang!

Comment

Loved Larry Merchant. Yeah he had his favorites and he could be terribly biased but I loved the little things he saw during a fight, his pre-and post-fight commentary, his sense of humor...Larry was a giant. Jim Lampley on the other hand? Lordy Lord.

Comment

Never been a fan of Lampley to be honest this is going back to when he was on NBC Covering the Olympics. Too Dramatic and it doesn't come natural it is FORCED! That is one of the things that always bothered me about Lampley.

I like Max Kellerman, listen to his show Max and Marcellus everyday so Max is cool but over the years it seems like he is being corrupted by Lampley lol

Roy Jones is good, he does slurs and mumbles a bit due to the after effects of his boxing career but he is very knowledgeable and does a great job and tries to be FAIR when calling the match

HBO Broadcast is tolerable, would like to see them be fair to BOTH FIGHTERS and not push their Agenda during the Broadcast, stop being so damn Biased to the guy that fights on your network regularly and just ignore the guy that is not

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          ... which one's the most irritating ****?

By far my favourite (favorite, Fat Yanks) was a pre-senility Larry Merchant. The rest can just blow me.

I was just watching bits and pieces on YouTube, and, apart from the way Lampley pronounces any foreign fighter's name in "the accent", then I have to ask... why the FUCK does he think Joe Calzaghe's last name has a K in it?

Despite this, I still think the most irritating member of the team is Max Keller****. The clue's in the name.

Still, I guess all commentators can't be as objective and impartial as Jim Watt.

Our dear old Duke McKenzie pronounces it " Calzacky" .

Comment

Max is insufferable, Lampley is mostly bad but he can still have good nights, RJJ used to be the best color guy but he has fallen off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              Our dear old Duke McKenzie pronounces it " Calzacky" .
              is that Christopher reeve in your sig ?

and what fight are they watching ? do you know? looks super exciting lol

Comment

Larry Merchant is a real boxing expert and a boxing lover unlike Lampley who used to be an announcer of sports like tennis and skating and sort of fell into his job. Merchant has much more knowledge of boxing and boxing history than Lampley and I found his opinion of more value and accuracy than any other announcer on HBO. Some of them are far more annoying than helpful and I wish they would shut up completely and let a long time boxing fan enjoy my fight without having to hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post
                  is that Christopher reeve in your sig ?

and what fight are they watching ? do you know? looks super exciting lol
                  Lmao that's boxing promoter Kaller Sauerland and his father. Not 100% sure on the fight, Abraham/Taylor/Dirrell.

Comment

(Favorite, fat yanks) lmao!

Comment

Larry is a god...i've mentally tuned out Kellerman, can barely tolerate Lampley nowadays and i really hate admitting this but; i cant listen to Roy anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X