No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali, exciting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Ali, exciting?

Do you think prime (pre-exile) Muhammad Ali was an exciting fighter to watch?

I personally don't just watching the same sort of dancing and moving. Jabs to the head and body occasional lead right and left hooks. Flurry when possible. Just basically a whole lot of that most of the time and it's not a style I particularly enjoy watching but, wanted others opinions on it.
    Last edited by Barn; 02-02-2012, 05:29 PM.

i love it. its a chess game for a guy like ali but i like the boxing side of boxing as much if not more than i love the brawling side of the sport.

Comment

Are you talking about prime Clay or Prime Ali? i liked the Ali of Old not the Clay

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Are you talking about prime Clay or Prime Ali? i liked the Ali of Old not the Clay
        Pre exile Ali.

Comment

Sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Sometimes.

Give me Ali-Williams and Ali-Terrell over Wlad-Ibragimov any day!!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Give me Ali-Williams and Ali-Terrell over Wlad-Ibragimov any day!!
              Give me a local street fight between two nutjobs down the park over that.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Give me a local street fight between two nutjobs down the park over that.
                I get to see fights like that almost weekly. It just isn't the sweet science!

Comment

Beautiful to watch, I thought everyone thought it was beautiful to watch...

exciting, EXCITING! - Movement, In and out, hands down, dodging, plenty of punches; jabs, flurry's, maybe even a shuffle - all that at HW!

Each to their own I guess, slow flat footed boxing is what I can't stand watching.

Comment

No heavyweight before or since moved the way Ali did. No one floated in and out and showed the importance of laterial movement when boxing against strong punching, slow footed fighters. At 6' 3 1/2" 212lbs there wasn't anyone with his foot and hand speed. Plus he backed up everything he said he was gonna do.
                    I prefered the Sugarman approach which was box and fight as you set up your opponent but the bottom line was that Ali was incredible to see especially inperson. He looked like he was 6' 8" and his hands where a blur when he flashed them. He was unbelieveable inperson. As for his foot work he actually got his opponents to look down at them, ring generalship to the max! I was not a fan at first but once I realized he was a totally thinking fighter who looked to be a few steps ahead of his opponents I became a fan. Once I met him and saw the things he was doing outside the ring I appreciated him as the Champ, he had heart for all people. Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X