No announcement yet.

Church ask Pacquiao to be like Tebow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church ask Pacquiao to be like Tebow

Manny Pacquiao might get his chance to knock out Floyd Mayweather, but apparently religious leaders in the Philippines would rather him go toe-to-toe with Tim Tebow.

"Tim Tebow became very popular by promoting the word of God," Bishop Pablo Virgilio David, who presides over the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines' (CBCP) bible ministry, told Agence France-Presse. "Some have referred to Manny Pacquiao as the Tim Tebow of the Philippines."

Church leaders asked Pacquiao become a "Bible ambassador" to help promote reading of the Bible of among Catholics. The boxing superstar regularly credits God for helping him succeed, and wears a rosary around his neck before and after his fights, according to the AFP.

In mid-January, Pacquiao told a TV station in the Philippines that he decided to renew his faith and had given up vices such as gambling and womanizing following an "encounter with God" during a dream.

AFP reports that during the dream, Pacquiao found himself deep inside a forest, where a voice from a shining bright light asked Pacquiao why he was going away from Him.

"I woke up crying. I remember I was crying in my dream and when I touched my pillow, it was wet," Pacquiao said. "If I had died last year or in the last two years, I'm sure I would have gone straight to hell. My faith in Him was there, 100 per cent, but behind it, after prayers, I would still do evil things."

Although Pacquiao, 32, spends more time studying the Bible these days, he didn't agree to team up with the Catholic Church in the Philippines.

"We asked him to partner with us in promoting the reading of the Bible among Catholics," Bishop David told reporters. "We told him: 'You would be a big help to us brother Manny', but he has not pledged his partnership yet."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...ar-asked-tebow

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
    Manny Pacquiao might get his chance to knock out Floyd Mayweather, but apparently religious leaders in the Philippines would rather him go toe-to-toe with Tim Tebow.

"Tim Tebow became very popular by promoting the word of God," Bishop Pablo Virgilio David, who presides over the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines' (CBCP) bible ministry, told Agence France-Presse. "Some have referred to Manny Pacquiao as the Tim Tebow of the Philippines."

Church leaders asked Pacquiao become a "Bible ambassador" to help promote reading of the Bible of among Catholics. The boxing superstar regularly credits God for helping him succeed, and wears a rosary around his neck before and after his fights, according to the AFP.

In mid-January, Pacquiao told a TV station in the Philippines that he decided to renew his faith and had given up vices such as gambling and womanizing following an "encounter with God" during a dream.

AFP reports that during the dream, Pacquiao found himself deep inside a forest, where a voice from a shining bright light asked Pacquiao why he was going away from Him.

"I woke up crying. I remember I was crying in my dream and when I touched my pillow, it was wet," Pacquiao said. "If I had died last year or in the last two years, I'm sure I would have gone straight to hell. My faith in Him was there, 100 per cent, but behind it, after prayers, I would still do evil things."

Although Pacquiao, 32, spends more time studying the Bible these days, he didn't agree to team up with the Catholic Church in the Philippines.

"We asked him to partner with us in promoting the reading of the Bible among Catholics," Bishop David told reporters. "We told him: 'You would be a big help to us brother Manny', but he has not pledged his partnership yet."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...ar-asked-tebow
    Will he be teaching the part about adultery? Or will he be lecturing on the seven deadly sins, especially greed?

Comment

bahahahahaa!! lmao, that **** sure would fly in the phillipines. here, who give a flying fluck?

Comment

Blow the big one? No Thanks lol....

Comment

Do these ******s know tebow isn't catholic and isnt preaching anywhere close to the same interpretation of the bible they are???

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
            Do these ******s know tebow isn't catholic and isnt preaching anywhere close to the same interpretation of the bible they are???
            They probably don't even know who Tebow is.

Comment

LLS this has gone way too far!!!! Manny can repent for his like we all can if you are a religious person. But this stuff is just crazy. Those people are beyond crazy if they think Manny in America (if that is included in the request) would get people to give a care about him speaking on religion. I would bet all my points or real money if Manny had a religious revival in a place that didn't have a big pinoy population nobody would be there.

Comment

Working...
              X