Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward To Miguel Cotto: "Sugar Ray Leonard Would Have Problems With You"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe early on...or if Leonard fought an absolute brawl against Cotto...in which he would still probably win...Leonard does everything better except maybe go to the body...

Comment

And by problems he probably means, make SRL work, which he would. Still if he can't take Pac's speed, he won't take SRL's.

Comment

Originally posted by HTown_Texan View Post
        Actually a PRIME Cotto was strong as a ****ing horse, had power, body work, and could cut off the ring like a motherphucker... He could give SRL problems, although I think SRL would have beat him......
        does he do any of that on the level of, lets say, hagler???

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          does he do any of that on the level of, lets say, hagler???

I say maybe not as good but Cotto's jab is a bit better.... He could have done something against SRL......

EDIT: Oh, and Hagler beat him.....

Comment

Originally posted by dulcis_scientia View Post
            probably talking about 2010 version of srl, lol.
            lmao!!!!

Comment

The things people will say for a paycheck.

Comment

like i keep telling people...I like manny steward for his passion for boxing and all, but this guy is clearly all for the money. I will almost guarantee if Cotto wins (which I doubt and betting against him) Steward will go on to call out Mayweather @ 154. this was his plan all along.

Comment

Steward says a lot of things. He said in the mid 90s that Trinidad would give serious problems to Hearns and Leonard in their primes and then later said that De La Hoya would've taken out Trinidad in 2 rounds if he had been aggressive.

Steward is just boosting up his own fighter, and trying to give him extra confidence. Nothing really wrong in that.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post

part of being a trainer is giving your boxer confidence.

cause if cotto gives SRL problems then pac probably kicks his ass.

Comment

Regardless of how Stewart placed his comment. He is right about Cotto's jab. Its a vary deceptive and stiff jab. Hopefully he is right about his improved balance, and combination.

Comment

Working...
                      X