No announcement yet.

I can't stand Teddy but his corner work is amazing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't stand Teddy but his corner work is amazing

Check this video where he tells Michael Moorer what to do against Holyfield and then against Foreman. Right on point in both instances. The corner talk during the Holyfield fight is the realest talk I've seen from any trainer. It starts at 5:10 of the video and then it gets even better. And then at 20:10 is the corner work against Foreman

Back then... Yes... let's see if he can fire up Bradley.now
    Last edited by Zaroku; 03-16-2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      Check this video where he tells Michael Moorer what to do against Holyfield and then against Foreman. Right on point in both instances. The corner talk during the Holyfield fight is the realest talk I've seen from any trainer. It starts at 5:10 of the video and then it gets even better. And then at 20:10 is the corner work against Foreman

People always diss the guy, but I've never seen a Teddy Atlas fight where he delivered the wrong instructions to his charge or do whatever he felt he needed to do to keep his fighter's head in the fight

Comment

its well known that moorer took a dive against foreman. not sure if teddy was in on it. im gonna say yes just because its more fun

Comment

Teddy needs a career as an actor in boxing movies

I enjoyed hearing Foreman's explanation. Goes to show you the power of pinpoint accuracy.

Comment

Meh, his cornball hollywood routine gets very tiresome

Comment

He's a good assistant coach to motivate the firemen in the boxer.

Comment

he's very inspirational and the only time I watch what happens in between rounds or i usually go to the toilet, get a drink or something

Comment

Kinda feel sorry for moorer not getting the credit he deserved for the holyfield win.

Comment

Atlas knows boxing. He is a great cornerman for guys that will listen. He has a flare for the dramatic, but a lot of fighters need that. A lot of corners can be defeated too. You see so many boxers losing fights and their corners are just silent. Atlas will never stop willing you to victory until that final bell sounds.

So yeah, he can be annoying, but his advice is usually spot on, and he motivates guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X