No announcement yet.

Golovkin is good. He reminds me of when Angulo was hot coming up in ranks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin is good. He reminds me of when Angulo was hot coming up in ranks

He's very similar in style and power to when Angulo was coming up. He puts a lot of pressure on his opponents and they fold to his power. Unfortunately, he's easy to hit.

It will take a certain type of fighter to defeat GGG. He will be very exciting to watch and I think sky's the limit for him. It's going to take a certain type of fighter to beat him (i.e someone with one punch KO power).

I'm interested to see how his chin holds against someone like Pirog. This should be interesting.

You're kidding right? GGG was an amateur phenom.

If anything, he's more like a Kostya Tszyu. Great timing and awesome power.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      He's very similar in style and power to when Angulo was coming up. He puts a lot of pressure on his opponents and they fold to his power. Unfortunately, he's easy to hit.

It will take a certain type of fighter to defeat GGG. He will be very exciting to watch and I think sky's the limit for him. It's going to take a certain type of fighter to beat him (i.e someone with one punch KO power).

I'm interested to see how his chin holds against someone like Pirog. This should be interesting.
      No offense mate but they are nothing alike for me.

This guy is a great boxer amateur schooled with an Olympic silver medal with wins over Bute, Dirrell and many other top fighters. I don't think Golovkin is really that easy to hit, I just think he has an iron chin and is willing to stick it out there if it makes it easier for him to land his own bombs.

Comment

Yep, that matchup just got a lot more intriguing. I'd like to see Martinez, if he gets by Chavez, against Geale...Pirog and GGG fight to get winner of that bout

Comment

WTF?!

Nothing like Angulo and he takes Pirog out in 1.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            No offense mate but they are nothing alike for me.

This guy is a great boxer amateur schooled with an Olympic silver medal with wins over Bute, Dirrell and many other top fighters. I don't think Golovkin is really that easy to hit, I just think he has an iron chin and is willing to stick it out there if it makes it easier for him to land his own bombs.
            Originally posted by MartialRed View Post
            You're kidding right? GGG was an amateur phenom.

If anything, he's more like a Kostya Tszyu. Great timing and awesome power.
            You guys are talking about accomplishmets.

I'm talking about what I've seen since watching him fight Ouma. His come forward pressurized style with power shots while being vulnerable to being him himself is pretty similar to that of Angulo's.

Again, we're not talking about accomplishments, but styles.

But if you guys like to talk about amateur accomplishments, I'm pretty sure Angulo was highly decorated himself and beat pretty good names in the AM's.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              WTF?!

Nothing like Angulo and he takes Pirog out in 1.
              Lol Let's not get over hyped about this kid. Proska was never really impressive to me in the first place.

Let's not forget a shot Ouma went about 10 rounds with GGG. I like the kid, but I'm not convinced his chin will hold up against guys that can bang.

I'd like to see him fight Pavlik for starters.

Regarding the Angulo comparison, I think he pressures his opponents while landing thunderous shots is very similar to what Angulo was doing and how Angulo was praised before he lost to Cintron and Kirkland.

Comment

Angulo for me is a careless face first Mexican brawler, similar to Margarito in style.

Golovkin has more than that

Comment

Lol Let's not get over hyped about this kid. Proska was never really impressive to me in the first place.
                  Well then, Im sorry you find Pirog impressive...
                  Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                  Angulo for me is a careless face first Mexican brawler, similar to Margarito in style.

Golovkin has more than that
                  ^ This right here.

It's like saying every brawler/pressure fighter all have the same style. I guess Chavez and Golovkin have also the same style as well?

Comment

GGG should take Geale's belt, easy win, easy belt. Happy Sturm isn't holding for hostage in Germany anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X