Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the classier representative of the sport of boxing: Floyd or Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    I just had this debate with a reader who was e-mailing me and whose basic argument was that the Klits are better people. The Klits are for real good men by most accounts. Their work with UNICEF and political outspokenness is laudable. They both beat a bunch of the men who have held the legit Heavyweight title over the years. I'd want a son to grow up to be more like them than Floyd.

But if my son was going to be a fighter, I'd want him to be more like Mayweather than either one of them and that's not even close.

No, they should be represented by who is best at them. Floyd and Manny are that in boxing right now, and they play hero and villain roles for all. The Klits aren't in either man's class as fighters P4P, but they are literally the best in the world as king's of the top class and have their place as ambassadors for the game in their own right.
    So you want a son with no balls?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Who is the better sportsman? Who sets a better example for young kids?

Who is the classier representative of the sport of boxing?
      WHo even knows who Wlad is? If he walked down the street in America they'd call him Hayden's ex rather than HWT champ.

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
        Could you ever picture Wlad doing that under any circumstance? Fuck Monkey Mayweather.

Edit, I meant money mayweather.
        monkey huh???? id like to see alot of u guys face to face

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
          Because he's not an American?

But he's more popular and well-known in mainland Europe, than Mayweather is in the US. He sells out stadiums in Germany and Poland - over half the people in Germany watch his fights.

Here in Canada, the people I know have heard of the Klitschkos, but not Mayweather.

And Manny Pacquiao is MUCH better known here than Mayweather. Maybe if Floyd fought more often he'd have a higher profile.
          naa if floyd was your average uncle tom hed be more accepted!

Comment

Wlad of course. Its like comparing an apple and orange.

Comment

I don't consider Floyd a very classy guy TBH, but he is one of the best boxers right now. Wlad easily wins this.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                Because he's not an American?

But he's more popular and well-known in mainland Europe, than Mayweather is in the US. He sells out stadiums in Germany and Poland - over half the people in Germany watch his fights.

Here in Canada, the people I know have heard of the Klitschkos, but not Mayweather.

And Manny Pacquiao is MUCH better known here than Mayweather. Maybe if Floyd fought more often he'd have a higher profile.
                Freedom America is where boxing is biggest. If you aren't making it here no one cares. No one cares if a half of Germany watches anything, or half of Poland, the same way no one outside of the US cares who wins our pro soccer league championship.

I doubt seriously that any boxing fan hasn't heard of floyd mayweather jr.

At the end of the day, floyd can go anywhere in the world and sell a fight. Wlad is just that, the king of EAstern Europe. And no disrespect, but thats equivalent to being the worlds tallest midget.

Comment

Tunney loves discussing other men's personalities....

Comment

Personalities matter now, I know who's better for the sport, more entertaining, who kids at the boxing gym are trying to replicate, I know that though

That said I like Wlad.

Comment

i'd rather hang with lebron than jordan does that make lebron better?

if i had to pick between hanging with floyd or wlad it's definitely wlad ,who i think is the better fighter is floyd though.

Comment

Working...
                      X