No announcement yet.

shannon briggs power and chances?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shannon briggs power and chances?

hey peeps so does anyone think the current set of heavyweights could take shannon briggs power?

honestly i think if he lands especially that left hand he could knock out most heavyweights today...

apart from his age and maybe footwork,
    the guy has a solid chin and power,
    imo he is potentially a dangerous fight for a lot of heavyweights...

what are your thoughts?

As they say, power is the last thing to fade. It's impossible to judge how real his comeback is against these opponents, but he definitely looks in shape and still hits hard as hell. He'll be a "high risk, low reward" kind of guy against most of the top heavyweights.

Comment

He'll do well against aj, wilder & povetkin. Haye will run while fury will move. Both looking to test his engine. He's getting on & is asthmatic but deserves another shot at the top

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
        As they say, power is the last thing to fade. It's impossible to judge how real his comeback is against these opponents, but he definitely looks in shape and still hits hard as hell. He'll be a "high risk, low reward" kind of guy against most of the top heavyweights.
        i think he is always in with a chance because if they dont get him out of there he will walk through the punches to land his own and will be dangerous right till the bell goes...

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
        He'll do well against aj, wilder & povetkin. Haye will run while fury will move. Both looking to test his engine. He's getting on & is asthmatic but deserves another shot at the top
        only one i think who has the best chance of beating him is fury due to his boxing skills, height and reach...

Comment

If he lands a perfect shot he might KO any of them but the odds of him landing it are very high. They would all beat him. He is not that dangerous because he is very slow and well past prime. He has done nothing to deserve a title shot. He beats complete bums and then stalks and harasses the heavyweights who he could make the most money fighting. He is chasing a big payday. If Briggs can beat a top 10 heavyweight then he would deserve the big fight he craves. If he just keeps beating bums he doesn't deserve a big fight. I don't think Briggs makes much money for the top heavyweights anyway.

Comment

Briggs has real power and can take a lot of punishment.

I think his conditioning is his weakness, he looks like he needs his own oxygen tank lol.

People are quick to write him off, but he can be dangerous to any HW.

Comment

i cant help but think that if briggs lands on haye he'll knock him out

briggs got a good chin and if haye cant get him out of there with his extra weight he is going to be gassed hard and briggs will catch him eventually

Comment

Power to hurt you? yes...his chances of k.o'ing Haye before getting k.o'd or slowed down before that happens? 20% chance..haye looks to good right now and Briggs just isn't fighting proper build up fights for that kind of talent.Haye is the real deal despite what ppl who don't know what to watch for are saying.

Briggs will cry ,thank haye and say lets go champ after they fight and collect his pay day. Its his best option and closest big fight he will get,and be lucky hes getting it. I think he wanted to fight better guys but didn't want to take on the better fighters and potentially ruin his big fight he thought he was going to get so settled on Haye.

Comment

Working...
                X