Comments Thread For: Photo: Canelo Comes in at 163.8-Pounds - 30 Day Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    What? Canelo typically weighs 167-168 on his 30-day weigh ins:

His 163 pounds from today is the same as Golovkin. This information only further shows there is NO REASON Canelo shouldn't fight Golovkin considering the most important factor - Canelo is the middleweight champion (WBC & Ring) and Golovkin is mandatory. It's weird to me we live in an age where fans rather make stupid excuses for big fights not to happen. You don't like boxing? Canelo vs Golovkin for the WBA/WBC/IBF/Ring belts would be massive. Why are fans opposed to having something benefit the sport? Oh right, scared Canelo will lose.
    lol bro you mad I never said I didn't want to see the fight, of course I want to see the fight. I'm just not all emotionally invested like you are.... Is Golovkin your step dad or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      lol bro you mad I never said I didn't want to see the fight, of course I want to see the fight. I'm just not all emotionally invested like you are.... Is Golovkin your step dad or something?
      Pretty lame response since you've had plenty of "emotional" posts yourself. This is boxing, we all have fighters we may like more than others but at the end of the day I'm a fan of the sport first & foremost and stuff like this totally kills the sport and is a black eye (creating own weight classes, fans making excuses & accepting ducking as a smart business model, etc etc etc).

Comment

• What most likely happened here is that Canelo weighed in at 164 or a bit above and his team said "Quickly, get in the sauna and shed a some more weight off, we can't make it seem like we're the same weight as GGG"

Comment

Pretty lame response since you've had plenty of "emotional" posts yourself. This is boxing, we all have fighters we may like more than others but at the end of the day I'm a fan of the sport first & foremost and stuff like this totally kills the sport and is a black eye (creating own weight classes, fans making excuses & accepting ducking as a smart business model, etc etc etc).
          Golovkin keeps making excuses to his fans and you guys just take all in the ass. 164 doe nah 168 for an easy fight, K 154 for a small, retired, WW. No 155 for someone "bigger" lol I want to see the fights too, but you biitching about it, isnt going to make the fight happen any sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I think GGG's 164lbs 30 days before his 160 fight showed that he can comfortably go below 160. People are fixated at Canelo being "big", but if you are 3-4lbs away from 160 at 30 days before a fight, then you are clearly a JMW. What both of their weights showed is that the fight can be made below 160 without any fussing or posturing from K2/GGG. If they are indeed the same, and Canelo can make 155, then so can GGG.
            I'm not convinced of that. The fact that they weigh about the same x days before their fight doesn't mean their body composition at that weight is identical. Also, Golovkin is quite a bit older which doesn't help him in the making weight department. I mean I wouldn't be shocked if GGG could go down a few lbs but he might not necessarily be able to make 155 without trouble. If GGG agreed with you and thought he was "clearly a JMW", don't you think he would go down to 154 so he could fight smaller guys? Also why do most of his weigh ins come in between 159-160 if he is a JMW? Cotto showed up to MW fights under 154 because he was actually a JMW, unlike GGG.

Comment

• He looks as skin stretched as possible! This kid needs to be at 166lbs. 30 days out so that he's healthy. His calfs are very thin and his head looks huge!
              When you get into the later rounds after re hydrating as much as 20 pounds the stress from a tough 10 rounds can cause serious damage physically. I don't believe in the draining of fluids to this extend then replenishing over 20 lbs then fight 12 hard rounds.
              I understand that sparring your best at the weight you fight at is optimal but Canelo still has spar rounds in front of him and their not at 170+.
              He isn't a 24 year old kid anymore he has good experience getting ready to fight and fight time preparations. This kid was a champion in the junior age classes and is no novice fighter!

If you don't want GGG then just say so and go for being the second best middleweight instead draining this kid out every time he fights!
              Ray

Comment

• Only another 8.8 pounds to go to make Caneloweight

Comment

• GGG fans are looking even more DESPERATE then Shannon Briggs!!

Everywhere Canelo GOES he see Briggs, mean GGG fans.

Comment

• GGG fans just crashed Canelos's private weigh-in.

GGG fans just crashed Canelo jet skiing.

GGG fans just crashed Canelo sitting down to take a sht.

GGG fans just called Rod Salka vs. Danny Garcia the BIGGEST mismatch in HISTORY...And declare Dominic Ware the 2nd best NW Boxer in HISTORY...

Las Vegas shows the BETTING ODDS to BOTH fights.

Garcia a 3-100 ODDS favorite vs. Salka

GGG a 1-100 ODDS favorite vs. Ware.

FACT!

Comment

Quit FKN rooting for GGG smashing cans and then you won't look like a stupid Bi@th.

Comment

Working...
                      X