Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie roach says ggg must beat andre ward to be p4p #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roach hates ggg, i think he wanted to train him years ago, but ggg decided not to, roach made good points when he said who is triple g? Pacuiao didnt even know him, well roach tell manny and ggg to fight at 156, superfight.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
      I think he has a point. Although I understand the boat has sailed. I'll say whoever wins out of Kovalev and Ward next year deserves that #1 slot.
      I agree with this right here..

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Andre who? That dude hasn't had a meaningful fight in 3 years...p4p#1 doe.......GTFO.
        3G should have fought Ward already tbh..He has nothing going on for himself at MW..If you think Alvarez is going to fight him your bugging..Expect to see Alvarez Jacobs coming soon..3G sitting on the sidelines and he is not getting any younger..Just say..

Comment

I have no issue with Ward but he just hasn't had a significant fight in way too long. BTW
          I don't think either Ward or GGG ducked.
          I think p4p is lacking a stand out contender right now. Probably Pac but he's a shadow of what he was. Kovalev is closest and has the best chance to seal the deal with Stevenson and Ward. Ward can Overshadow his long drought with that one victory over Kovalev and take no1 spot.
          Right now though Ward shouldn't be on the list anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            3G should have fought Ward already tbh..He has nothing going on for himself at MW..If you think Alvarez is going to fight him your bugging..Expect to see Alvarez Jacobs coming soon..3G sitting on the sidelines and he is not getting any younger..Just say..
            They should have fought already?

I don't know about that.. Between Ward's injuries, his promotional disputes and his, in my opinion, reasonable desire to have a couple of tune up fights the earliest this fight could have ever happened is some time next year.

Of course now we've got Golovkin's team ****ery and Wards unwillingness to return to 168 let alone the ridiculous catchweight Golovkin's team wanted standing in the way which for some strange reason which I believe has something to do with estrogen is cause for celebration for fanboys and haters alike.

Incidentally, if Golovkin has to jump two weight classes and beat one of the the best boxers on the planet to be considered #1 P4P what does Alvarez have to do?

Comment

Originally posted by zerosixthree View Post
              They should have fought already?

I don't know about that.. Between Ward's injuries, his promotional disputes and his, in my opinion, reasonable desire to have a couple of tune up fights the earliest this fight could have ever happened is some time next year.

Of course now we've got Golovkin's team ****ery and Wards unwillingness to return to 168 let alone the ridiculous catchweight Golovkin's team wanted standing in the way which for some strange reason which I believe has something to do with estrogen is cause for celebration for fanboys and haters alike.

Incidentally, if Golovkin has to jump two weight classes and beat one of the the best boxers on the planet to be considered #1 P4P what does Alvarez have to do?
              Wards Team at one point seemed very interested in fighting 3G then a catch weight came up and talks went dead and Ward moved up as I really believe 3G should have..What I'm saying is 3G name should have been on a contract already..Weather injuries would have prevented the fight or not..

Alvarez has to beat Jacobs and then 3G all at MW to be consider top dog imo..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                Wards Team at one point seemed very interested in fighting 3G then a catch weight came up and talks went dead and Ward moved up as I really believe 3G should have..What I'm saying is 3G name should have been on a contract already..Weather injuries would have prevented the fight or not..

Alvarez has to beat Jacobs and then 3G all at MW to be consider top dog imo..
                The only time Ward was serious about negotiations it required atleast a tune-up so it wouldn't have happened yet anyway.

The only time this fight could have really happened was when Golovkin was desperate to move his career forward after years of being held back by a shtty promoter but Ward said he had a shoulder injury, promoter issues apparently and wanted the fight to marinate so it could be a big event.

Comment

Didn't Freddy Roach recently lose both his houses?

Comment

Just who the hell is Roach to dictate who GGG must beat to be number 1???? Ward is huge compared to GGG and he can't fight him anyway because Ward is always healing up from some injury. Is Roach so behind the times that he doesn't know Ward outgrew 168 and fights at 175 now and said he will never go lower? Does he expect GGG to spot Ward 15 pounds just to make him happy. GGG is the best or one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world. He will never fight Ward and he doesn't have to to be number one. He is a smaller older middleweight and if he can beat any middleweight then he is the best. Roach has developed a jealous hate for GGG and can't stop trashing him on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Didn't Freddy Roach recently lose both his houses?
                      He sure did. He bet on Cotto to beat Canelo. I used to like Roach but since Pacquiao and Cotto both lost he has turned into a bitter, nasty guy who says stupid, nasty things. He has zeroed in on GGG for much of his hate. Now he is training Pascal. He will probably start hating on Kovalev when he knocks Pascal out again.

Comment

Working...
                      X