No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
    Yeah, agreed. Best of luck to your man I hope it's a great fight at the very least, may the best man win.
    Agreed. I think whichever Fury turns up depends on how great the fight will be, I also feel whichever Klitschko turns up depends how early it ends. If Weeks allows the rabbit punching I suspect Wlad blasts Fury out exceptionally early.

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
    If Wlad didn't clinch so much opponents wouldn't need to retaliate in such a manner. It's simple.
    Excuses. Early.

Fury has come in light he obviously intents to utilise flight, I just hope it is not the flop and flee style mastered by his British compatriot. Lets just hope for a good fight and wish each other luck, either way one of us needs it after the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
      Was it not Pulev who was doing excessive rabbit punching when in clinch ? I think this riled Klitschko and he thought I ain't taking this guff for 12 rounds and decided fück you I'm gonna knock you out. Likely to do with fact he had no desire to be punched in back of head for a considerable time and decided a lengthily fight was not beneficial for his latter years of life.

Just my take anyway. I think if Fury comes out swinging Wlad puts him away, if he riles him Wlad puts him away. He's not easily moved but I think the minimal protection from refs he just deals with things his way. All talk goes over his head but little things like that I believe move him, as I said if Fury gets dirty I believe it's lights out early for him. I also feel Wlad just sees Fury as an object full of hot air whom is delaying his WBC shot at Wilder, I really feel this goes early doors as Wlad is not as patient as many believe, he wants the WBC belt sooner rather than later and I believe his next motivator will be another ppv versus Joshua, if Fury can potentially get the Joshua ppv fight looking good in defeat it is in Wlad's hands to make him look bad.
      Vlad recognizes Wilder as a bigger threat than Fury, I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Excuses. Early.
        Not an excuse. An explanation. Refs don't penalise Wlad's clinches so it's up to the opponent to do so by any means they have available, and given how tightly Wlad clinches, that only really means rabbit punches and body shots. Can't complain about it if you're the one initiating it.

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
        Fury has come in light he obviously intents to utilise flight, I just hope it is not the flop and flee style mastered by his British compatriot. Lets just hope for a good fight and wish each other luck, either way one of us needs it after the fight.
        Haye flopped because he was the shorter man and didn't want Wlad putting all his weight on his back. Why would Fury do the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
          Not an excuse. An explanation. Refs don't penalise Wlad's clinches so it's up to the opponent to do so by any means they have available, and given how tightly Wlad clinches, that only really means rabbit punches and body shots. Can't complain about it if you're the one initiating it.

Haye flopped because he was the shorter man and didn't want Wlad putting all his weight on his back. Why would Fury do the same?
          Because he can't take a punch off of feather fisted cruisers let alone 'super heavyweights' hence the reason he's a career lightest and will utilise flight instead of fight tomorrow.

You are right it is up to his opponents to unlock Wlad's illegal and often criticised defence. I am in agreement and believe the referee should be stricter as he was in the Jennings fights. Pot shorting may very well be Fury's best defence, staying on the outer side of outside as Haye did, though I would just like a fight where both have to engage.

Weeks won't take no guff from any swine.

Comment

Because he can't take a punch off of feather fisted cruisers let alone 'super heavyweights' hence the reason he's a career lightest and will utilise flight instead of fight tomorrow.
            Huh? I didn't say he wouldn't utilise movement, only that he won't flop to his knees. Of course he's going to be on his feet. That's the way he's fought his last two opponents, and the style where he seems to have most success. In the clinch he'll stand with Wlad and probably try to walk him backwards. He's certainly not going to emulate what Haye did since he has totally different dimensions.

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
            You are right it is up to his opponents to unlock Wlad's illegal and often criticised defence. I am in agreement and believe the referee should be stricter as he was in the Jennings fights. Pot shorting may very well be Fury's best defence, staying on the outer side of outside as Haye did, though I would just like a fight where both have to engage.

Weeks won't take no guff from any swine.
            I hope Weeks keeps the fight clean and penalises either guy if they try to flout the rules. Wlad's more likely to do that since it's second nature to him, though Fury isn't averse to making things dirty if he has to. I just don't want to see a situation where Wlad is able to get away with excessive clinching while Fury is penalised every time he tries to retaliate. If Weeks is going to let Wlad get away with stuff then he needs to afford that same leniency to Fury.

If anything it'd make for a much more exciting fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
              Vlad recognizes Wilder as a bigger threat than Fury, I'm pretty sure.
              Wilder has that freakish power but it even now appears to be waning as he has raised his level of opposition so I feel it is somewhat questionable still, but it sells a unification on that emphasise I suppose.

This makes for an interesting topic after tomorrow, god willing.

Comment

• Whats up with the round by round? It's like midnite in Germany whats happening?

Comment

• come on fury,
                  fury by KO

#TeamFury

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                    Huh? I didn't say he wouldn't utilise movement, only that he won't flop to his knees. Of course he's going to be on his feet. That's the way he's fought his last two opponents, and the style where he seems to have most success. In the clinch he'll stand with Wlad and probably try to walk him backwards. He's certainly not going to emulate what Haye did since he has totally different dimensions.

I hope Weeks keeps the fight clean and penalises either guy if they try to flout the rules. Wlad's more likely to do that since it's second nature to him, though Fury isn't averse to making things dirty if he has to. I just don't want to see a situation where Wlad is able to get away with excessive clinching while Fury is penalised every time he tries to retaliate. If Weeks is going to let Wlad get away with stuff then he needs to afford that same leniency to Fury.

If anything it'd make for a much more exciting fight.
                    I think I understand your concerns. Weeks is top quality, it's a good choice and one surely Fury is happy with. To be honest I do not think he cares who is referee as he says it's up to him to keep it in his own hands.

Lol, Wlad fought the Jennings defence knowing he had Fury next, good preparation facing an 84" reach opponent before being ordered to face an 85" reach opponent, though Jennings fought a style Wlad just did not expect nor prepare for I believe, in the end that fight likely was of no use in preparing for Fury as Jennings utilised the bull rushing and low under guard.

Fury looks at his most comfortable fighting exclusive behind the jab surely he will as we expect fight how his uncle has been tuning him in his most significant fights, Johnson, Chisora and Hammer. That really is the blueprint of how he intends to fight, it is obvious he will do what he is most comfortable with. His style is very much like Wlad's electing to fight with a solid jab and rarely opening up unless it is glaringly evident he can land the right hand at will and ease.

Fury is so confident in his previous showings it really does make for an exciting fight, but it could all be negated if he becomes frustrated by an inability to do as he did to the trash levels of opponents he has faced, I mean trash by comparison.

Comment

I think I understand your concerns. Weeks is top quality, it's a good choice and one surely Fury is happy with. To be honest I do not think he cares who is referee as he says it's up to him to keep it in his own hands.

Lol, Wlad fought the Jennings defence knowing he had Fury next, good preparation facing an 84" reach opponent before being ordered to face an 85" reach opponent, though Jennings fought a style Wlad just did not expect nor prepare for I believe, in the end that fight likely was of no use in preparing for Fury as Jennings utilised the bull rushing and low under guard.

Fury looks at his most comfortable fighting exclusive behind the jab surely he will as we expect fight how his uncle has been tuning him in his most significant fights, Johnson, Chisora and Hammer. That really is the blueprint of how he intends to fight, it is obvious he will do what he is most comfortable with. His style is very much like Wlad's electing to fight with a solid jab and rarely opening up unless it is glaringly evident he can land the right hand at will and ease.

Fury is so confident in his previous showings it really does make for an exciting fight, but it could all be negated if he becomes frustrated by an inability to do as he did to the trash levels of opponents he has faced, I mean trash by comparison.
                      Excellent post

Comment

Working...
                      X