No announcement yet.

We need to address the elephant in the room

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
    "I see something different in Pacquiao, but that doesn't mean I'm going to run off and fight him BECAUSE he's with Bob Arum, and I'm with Mayweather promotions."

What does this mean? Is he saying "he looks beatable NOW" thus virtually admitting he couldn't beat him before? Or....he thinks he's a better boxer now, but the fight is NEVER going to happen BECAUSE of promotional conflicts?

What does this exactly mean?
    reads like he thinks he can beat him now.

Comment

Honestly seeing manny fight floyd at present moment wouldn't excite me to much,because I know how damn good manny was in his prime. No agenda but 2009 manny p puts floyd on his ass. That's being real

Comment

"I think I can beat him now."

Admission he thought he could not beat him before.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Yea we have a fresh thread on this ...yet you feel the need to make another one
          This is fresher though.

Comment

Mayweather added, Pacquiao doesn't have the same pop and he's getting tired where as before he never got tired. Said pull up the Fighthype article where Roach said he had no idea what Ariza was giving Pacquiao.

It's obviously PEDs but continue hating....

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              AKA I still don't feel safe getting in a ring with him. I believe he can still beat me even past his prime.
              This. It's exactly as he said. He's been waiting for Manny to slow down for years before taking the fight. He sees Manny isn't the same as he was in the Cotto fight era when he ran for the hills. But he's still too good to risk his 0 against, so no fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
                Honestly seeing manny fight floyd at present moment wouldn't excite me to much,because I know how damn good manny was in his prime. No agenda but 2009 manny p puts floyd on his ass. That's being real
                Everybody in the sport knows this, only the delusional fan boys cant comprehend this.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
                  Everybody in the sport knows this, only the delusional fan boys cant comprehend this.
                  So why was Floyd the favorite?

Comment

I don't necessarily think Pac would KO Floyd but he's beat his arse all night long. I hate Floyd and I'm also a Pac fan but I think people severely overrate his power. He has good pop but he really only KO'd a shot bingebashing life Hatton who let's face it probably could have been KO'd by lesser opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                      This. It's exactly as he said. He's been waiting for Manny to slow down for years before taking the fight. He sees Manny isn't the same as he was in the Cotto fight era when he ran for the hills. But he's still too good to risk his 0 against, so no fight.
                      You couldn't have said it any better.

Floyd knows about the sport and for him to duck Pacquiao means that he recognizes he would lose to him. What's surprising it that Pacquiao is so good that even after slowing down, Floyd STILL doesn't feel he is able to beat him.

He waited for Marquez to get beat down by Pacquiao and turn older to fight him, he waited for Cotto to get destroyed by Pacquiao and turn older to fight him... He keeps waiting for Pacquiao to turn older but he still isn't confident.

In order for Floyd to someone, he'd have to see MAJOR flaws and that the fight is as safe as possible for him. He does this by either A) Picking old fighters, B) Draining young ones and C) Bloating lightweights and cheating them on the scales which is what happened with Marquez.
                      Last edited by The Problem Child; 04-23-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X