Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come so many people are picking Maywheather to stop Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people surprisingly overrate floyd's abilty to inflict damage and they underrate cotto's toughness and skills...

Comment

I think a lot of people mistakenly underestimate Cotto and feel that he is a shot fighter, which is not the case. Cotto will show up in tip top shape because I'm sure he realizes that this is basically his last chance at one of these career defining fights. This is his chance to get himself up there with the Tito Trinidad's and the Wilfredo Gomez'. I expect a very focused and determined Cotto come fight night and I doubt Mayweather will be able to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaGodzilla View Post
        I'm laughing at so many people picking a late stoppage for Maywheather when people who know about Boxing knows this guy is not powerful like that in WW division. If he can't stop Judah then he can't stop Cotto.....
        A stoppage is possible, not because of Floyd's punching power but because of the punishment Cotto took from Margarito and Pac. That kind of scarring never heals so don't be too surprised if he swells up fast and has to quit.

Comment

My worry is that Cotto gets stopped on damage, he busts up bad these days and u dont have to be a devastating hitter to bust a guy up, just accurate and consistent - Floyd is both.

Im pulling for a Cotto stoppage WIN though!

WAR MIGUEL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            people surprisingly overrate floyd's abilty to inflict damage and they underrate cotto's toughness and skills...
            Against a guy with bricks in his wraps he went 11 rounds and against Manny Pacquaio he went to the final round and should have been allowed to continue to the bell, Cotto is Very tough, hurting him and stopping him are two different things altogether!

Comment

Didn't read the rest of the thread, but I'm sure someone already mentioned that Floyd would have stopped Judah if not for the low blow and the melee that occurred after.

I'm not going to predict it, because Floyd rarely goes out of his way to stop fighters, but it's very likely Cotto will take so much punishment that his corner or the ref will stop the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                My worry is that Cotto gets stopped on damage, he busts up bad these days and u dont have to be a devastating hitter to bust a guy up, just accurate and consistent - Floyd is both.
                Honest and accurate assessment.

Comment

I highly doubt Mayweather stops Cotto. He's too economical at this stage in his career to put himself out there like that, kinda like Roy Jones.

Comment

People stop drinking the Kool Aid.

Floyd ain't stopping nobody not even with a sucker punch in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by r3robinson View Post
                      People stop drinking the Kool Aid.

Floyd ain't stopping nobody not even with a sucker punch in this case.
                      Cotto would spear his ass if Floyd sucker punched him. The guy is intolerant of nonsense in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X