No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Mayweather is Capable of Knocking Ortiz Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Mayweather is Capable of Knocking Ortiz Out

In a recent interview with the Grand Rapids Press, trainer Freddie Roach discussed the fall showdown between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz. The fight happens on September 17 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. While most experts are giving Mayweather almost no shot of winning the fight with a knockout, Roach believes Mayweather is capable of pulling it off if he catches Ortiz walking in. Mayweather was able to stop Ricky Hatton when he caught the Manchester star walking in with a counter left hand.

[Click Here To Read More]

Inactivity Freddie, inactivity...

Comment

Well if Floyd does what he claims which is going toe to toe instead of boxing he might pull it off but I don't think looking for the knockout is the smartest move to make during this fight...

Comment

What he had to say about Ortiz making 140 and those sparring sessions was interesting, never thought Victor was killing himself to make weight. Whats apparent is how much stronger he is at WW.

Anyway, Mayweather is gonna stop Ortiz, I see Ortiz going on retreat mode and Floyd constantly cutting him off.

Comment

I expect Floyd to stop Ortiz around 10.

Comment

There you have it folks........Freddie saying what the better posters already know and have pointed out in the past.

Comment

"capable of knocking ortiz out"...yes.

but i doubt i chicken floyd can make it...

chicken floyd by unanimous decision...easy fight for the chicken..

Comment

Originally posted by WALDO. View Post
                What he had to say about Ortiz making 140 and those sparring sessions was interesting, never thought Victor was killing himself to make weight. Whats apparent is how much stronger he is at WW.

Anyway, Mayweather is gonna stop Ortiz, I see Ortiz going on retreat mode and Floyd constantly cutting him off.
                300 million on that not happening

put up or shut up

Comment

Originally posted by Heeb View Post
                  I expect Floyd to stop Ortiz around 10.
                  i expect you to bet on that

Comment

Floyd is supposed to be one of the best fighters in the world, yet people patronize him, by isinuating one of the best cant knock Ortiz out. That if one of the supposedly best knocked out Ortiz it would be a shock?

Comment

Working...
                    X