Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was rocky marcianos greatest win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was rocky marcianos greatest win?

I am going to say his coming back to stop ezzard charles when he had his nose split.

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
    I am going to say his coming back to stop ezzard charles when he had his nose split.
    I'd say the first fight against Walcott was for sure his most impressive win. I would say it was primarily because he was behind in it and may have even lost if he hadn't landed the big right hand that devastatd Jersey Joe! It is widely regarded that that punch may have been the hardest shot that was ever landed in heavyweight boxing history...

Comment

Gotta second first Walcott bout; this was like a Hollywood film.
      Yo Syl, I gotta new "Rocky" plot for yuh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
        I'd say the first fight against Walcott was for sure his most impressive win. I would say it was primarily because he was behind in it and may have even lost if he hadn't landed the big right hand that devastatd Jersey Joe! It is widely regarded that that punch may have been the hardest shot that was ever landed in heavyweight boxing history...
        Yep, I'm in agreement here. Walcott first time round was the best heavyweight in the best form that the Rock ever met......and it showed! He'd just come off knockout and decision wins over Charles and despite his age was clearly in the form of his life.

Walcott's boxing was first rate, he managed to knock the rock down with the same punch that he used to decimate Ezzard Charles. Walcott's movement, combinations and handspeed were terrific and it was right that he was ahead at the point of the KO.

Incidentally, that Suzie Q right hand from Marciano surely ranks as one of the heaviest single blows ever landed in a boxing ring.

Comment

Working...
        X