No announcement yet.

Liles and Collins "ducked" Roy Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liles and Collins "ducked" Roy Jones

What a pile of rubbish. But HBO had to believe their wonderboy was the one that was being ducked, not the other way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAP2J...eature=related

jones kicks the **** out both collins was tough but his skills sukd he would of got batterd silly

Comment

Originally posted by musiol View Post
      jones kicks the **** out both collins was tough but his skills sukd he would of got batterd silly
      Doesnt matter dude, we are talking about who ducked who. Its a fact that Collins had started calling out Jones ever since he won the title from Eubank in '95. Jones never offered him a fight as far as I know. Same with Liles. Yea, Jones would probably beat them both, but why did he decline fighting them?
      Last edited by Pastrano; 06-10-2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
        Doesnt matter dude, we are talking about who ducked who. Its a fact that Collins had started calling out Jones ever since he won the title from Eubank in '95. Jones never offered him a fight as far as I know. Same with Liles. Yea, Jones would probably beat them both, but why did he decline fighting them?
        exactly roy beats em all but certainly in collins's case jones ducked him no doubt about it ... collins was crying out for the fight and doing everything he could to get it. Jones simply didn't want it. Why? probably cause it would be a harder nights work than beating up on some contender.

I bet if Jones could go back in time he'd do more to make the collins and also Darius fights happen and maybe even the hopkins rematch. Conclusive wins there which he surely would have got (in the first two and probably in the third) would have gone a long way to confirming him as the best of the modern era - as it is its harder to make that argument. He may have been top dog at both super middle and light heavy but he did not clean out the divisions as he should and could have.

Comment

yeah, Jones was a coward, if his mind were straight Haugen handles Sweet Pea, Hagler trembled when someone mentioned Mike McCallum, Sumbu Kalambay was an ATG, and Donald Curry & Marlon Starling are HOF fighters. Tell em Pastrano

Comment

Collins is another fighter Pastrano gives bonus points for his pigmentation :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

Why would Roy Jones need to duck Steve Collins? Jones would of destroyed him. He fought way better fighters in the likes of Toney, Reggie Johnson, Hopkins, Hill, Griffin anyway

Comment

Originally posted by NY Boxing! View Post
                Why would Roy Jones need to duck Steve Collins? Jones would of destroyed him. He fought way better fighters in the likes of Toney, Reggie Johnson, Hopkins, Hill, Griffin anyway
                I think Jones would have beaten Collins, but it was a fight worth making and one that he deserved in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  What a pile of rubbish. But HBO had to believe their wonderboy was the one that was being ducked, not the other way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAP2J...eature=related
                  Jones admitted that he was in talks with Liles at the ibhof after the Eric Lucas fight. I think it fell through because Liles did not like the purse split.

As for Collins, I cant see how he could of had a remote chance. The fact that he had a belt which was practically worthless didn't help much either

Comment

It is hardly news that a lot of deserving fighters are missing from Jones' resumé. Collins is just one of many.

Comment

Working...
                    X