Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're only as good as your last fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it means people can only really judge you on your last performance, like for instance, Malignaggi, who has never overly impressed, but the rematch with Diaz, he had a great fight, so we can only judge him based on that performance, cos he may have made some big changes in training, his nutrition, gameplan etc, so he is only as good as his last performance, ie, expected to be good next time out.

Comment

I think it should be your only as good as your last two fights. Its all about how you bounce back.

Comment

youre only as good as how much your last fight sold

Comment

It's not true. It's just paraphrasing public perception. Every fighter who gets a big win is hyped to hell. Every fighter who loses is "exposed," "overrated," "protected," etc. Basically many people think in flavor of the month fashion regarding boxers.

Comment

JMM fell off the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Mac View Post
              JMM fell off the charts.
              Kessler must be borderline shot.

He was simply awful against Ward. Probably the worst performance of the year.

Would it suprise me if he whomped Carl Froch? Probably.

But, boxing is still a sport where athletes perform occassionally - badly - since they're only human. Kessler could smash Froch's teeth in.

Comment

true. PAC has been past prime eversince he lost to Morales. just look at all that bloody **** and punishment he took.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
                  I really hate this saying. It's just so not true.
                  It is and its not. Its all how the fans/public sees you. Only thing they remember is how good you were in last fight or how bad you sucked. As far as making fights happen its so true. But any one can come from a bad fight and be great. To sell it though, you will have to bust ass and regain that trust. Lose a lot of money on a fight one night and you wont want to bet on the guy again without feeling bad about it. A lot of reasons this saying is true! My coach says it all the time and he is real old school

Comment

Originally posted by Bogler View Post
                    true. PAC has been past prime eversince he lost to Morales. just look at all that bloody **** and punishment he took.
                    i agree totally.

Comment

Working...
                    X