Tony Bellew vs Nathan Cleverly - the rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I have Bellew avenging his loss.
    I think hes slightly improved since, gained more experience along the way and much better suited to the weight than the small framed Cleverly.
    Agreed.

I also think Cleverly might have lost some of his punch resistance since Kovalev crushed him. Bellew was dead at the 175 weight and is easily the more natural cruiserweight. If you think how close the first fight was, which I scored to Cleverly by one or two rounds, then that extra advantage will help bellew finish the job I think.

Picking him by ko.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
      Cleverly does not look like a Cruiserweight, but Bellew doesn't look in good shape at the weight either. He looks like a light heavy that got a bit fat.
      he was always fleshy. Bellew is the type of fighter that doesn't need to be ripped. He's got a decent tank, which will only improve as a cruiserweight.

Comment

It is an interesting fight, but mainly due to the fact that both fighters hate each other.

I can't believe that it will make money as a PPV, these are domestic fighters hardly well known in side the UK, let alone worldwide.

I like Tony Bellew's honesty and candour, but he is as thick as a box of bricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
          Cleverly does not look like a Cruiserweight, but Bellew doesn't look in good shape at the weight either. He looks like a light heavy that got a bit fat.

I think Bellew is a bit like Brandon Rios he trains hard, probably does everything right but his genetics just don't allow him to get defined. He has always looked soft.

I don't like Cleverly at cruiserweight especially with his style. In fact I don't like either at cruiser but feel Bellew is more suited to the weight.
          Cleverly strikes me as a guy who is probably still well under the CW limit come fight night. Not ideal when a lot of these CWs are naturally smaller HWs not quite big enough to compete at HW.

Comment

will cleverly go back down to LH if he loses this one?

Comment

Boxer's Percentages

Can't believe this has been made a PPV event. Does anyone know what kind of percentages the boxers will get from the PPV sales?

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                It is an interesting fight, but mainly due to the fact that both fighters hate each other.

I can't believe that it will make money as a PPV, these are domestic fighters hardly well known in side the UK, let alone worldwide.

I like Tony Bellew's honesty and candour, but he is as thick as a box of bricks.
                bellew's just a **** and cleverly simply doesn't like him for that. i don't know if there's genuine hate between the two.

Comment

I hope Clev wins and I hope my stream is decent because I will NOT be paying my hard earned cash for this as a PPV!

Comment

We need this PPV to fail abysmally.

I cannot believe the nerve of them to put it on box office.

Comment

This fight and card is good for boxing!
                      I have seen some complaints that it's not even a title fight and it's gone to PPV?!? The undercard does look good though, So it's not just this fight. We have to keep in mind that the guy's have to get paid and it looks to be a good night TBH.

Degale, Joshua, Quigg, Callum, McDonnell, Tony, Cleverly!

I don't mind paying for this card in support, kick back and having a beer Might even go as far as a Rubee Murray

I mean how many people pay for a Mayweather fight and know the outcome lmao..

Tony vs Cleverly is a 50/50 fight, I find the fight interesting TBH.

Comment

Working...
                      X