Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Thoughts on it Being "Hip" To like Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
    all the baller's and fake azz nickle & dime baller's "like" him becuase of the money no other reason
    I don't get your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
      I don't get your sig.
      That's his way of showing love to Floyd. If you take notice, he makes way more threads about Floyd than all the so-called Floyd fans.

Comment

There has been a bit of a bandwagon effect. People that don't even follow boxing are claiming to be "fans" of his, everybody loves a winner I guess.

Comment

I don't get your sig.
          Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          That's his way of showing love to Floyd. If you take notice, he makes way more threads about Floyd than all the so-called Floyd fans.
          It's a member of this forum celebrating his new found wealth by being a part of TMT

Comment

It's a member of this forum celebrating his new found wealth by being a part of TMT
            What member?

Comment

I think it is hip to be a FMJr fan. Nothing wrong with it IMO, after all he is the highest payed Athlete in the world. I would not have ever payed attention to boxing had it not being for Floyd Mayweather Jr. I think he attracts new fans to the sport of boxing. So in a way, he is carrying the sport. All credit to Floyd.

Comment

all the baller's and fake azz nickle & dime baller's "like" him becuase of the money no other reason
                What are you? Some kind of expert on Floyd's fans? I thought you don't like the dude.

Comment

ya i think it is, its funny not just to long ago in 09,10 he was hated by the world,from youtube, during the whole Pac phenomena and espn talking so much **** about him he was the definition of the villain during that time. I did notice now he is being more loved now, even by the same people who were ****ing on him before. A lot of fake sports analysts on big networks and celebrities out there.

Comment

He was kept on the backburner for years, was always "kind of" a fan and realllly like his talent but then he was stuck fighting Bruseles, Ndou, etc. then within a couple years was one of the most hated athletes on the planets.

Now, he is getting ovations at games, during his intros, during cameos. Anyone else a bit weirded by this. I believe he earned it definitely, but I feel funny about all this Mayweather love.
                    I would say it's the other way around. It's hip to dislike him.

Comment

He was kept on the backburner for years, was always "kind of" a fan and realllly like his talent but then he was stuck fighting Bruseles, Ndou, etc. then within a couple years was one of the most hated athletes on the planets.

Now, he is getting ovations at games, during his intros, during cameos. Anyone else a bit weirded by this. I believe he earned it definitely, but I feel funny about all this Mayweather love.
                      It just takes time and longevity.,ll

When Floyd first hit the scene their was no way he was going to be a star back then with prime oscar, Tito, Shane, Roy, Lennox, Tyson, Holyfield being the most talked about stars, but eventually they all faded away and slowly Floyd moved up the superstar rankings till he was number 1

Comment

Working...
                      X