Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the supper middleweight division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the supper middleweight division?

Im curious the the general consensus is on the division and how popular it is do you guys think its uneeded or not also do you think its better then light heavyweight right now as far as talent also compared to light heavy is there alot more exciting fighters?

Edit:sorry for typo in title :/

I don't even pay attention to it. All I know is that Ward fights there once every 37 months and he's a boring **** who can't go 3 seconds without mentioning God.

Comment

Went from one of the most interesting to one of the most irrelevant. There's Ward, who knows when he'll fight. Froch is kinda on the downside. Kessler out. Chavez jr. Bika. Groves. Eh.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        Went from one of the most interesting to one of the most irrelevant. There's Ward, who knows when he'll fight. Froch is kinda on the downside. Kessler out. Chavez jr. Bika. Groves. Eh.
        Kind of unavoidable after the Super Six.

Comment

Froch vs any of the top contenders is an intriguing fight. Groves, Chavez Jr, Bika, DeGale, Kessler.

Ward is hard work.

I don't think I'll ever watch him fight live again unless he is fighting in Europe. Just not the sort of fighter you will stay up until 4 in the morning to see. The division would actually be better if he just left. He is that good but that boring that he just undermines the whole fucking division.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-06-2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody_Knuckles View Post
            Im curious the the general consensus is on the division and how popular it is do you guys think its uneeded or not also do you think its better then light heavyweight right now as far as talent also compared to light heavy is there alot more exciting fighters?

Edit:sorry for typo in title :/
            It was, for the most part over the last decade, better than LHW but with Stevenson shaking things up at 175 and Kovalev cleaning out the left overs and not to mention Hopkins breaking records, LHW is once again important.

That's not to say SMW is no longer a good division, it most definitely is, Groves is something to get excited about and Froch is almost always in great, FOTY type fights, ALWAYS!

Ward is one of the best technician in the sport but sadly he doesn't fight much but Jr has shown he can do well at the weight and he is another fun guy to watch, with the possible addition of GGG, the division can only get better. Not to mention DeGale might still have a part to play at the top.

Comment

Can't believe no one has had a go at the thread starter for calling it the 'supper middleweight division'.

There is a James Toney joke to be made there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Can't believe no one has had a go at the thread starter for calling it the 'supper middleweight division'.

Hey did James Toney just eat the whole division?

I'll make my way out

Comment

Two years ago people were calling it the most stacked division in boxing...it has just sorta stagnated since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

The Supper Middleweight division is where Toney and Butterbean reign. Odlanier Solis is a rising star, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X