No announcement yet.

So how long do you think Yuriorkis Gamboa's gonna go till he gets brutally KO'd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    That's true for Garcia too though. Fighting each other would be the perfect way to settle the debate.
    i think gamboa is done with 126. i'm not sure what he'll be doing next though, cause he's been calling out broner and then there were rumors about bradley/gamboa which is crazy to even think about. i think gamboa should have one more fight at 130 and then move up to 135 and see what he can do there. garcia's chance to fight gamboa has sailed imo.
    as for this thread, i don't recall gamboa ever being really hurt after a KD. he has gotten knocked down quite a few times, but he's gotten back up and came back to win (obviously) everytime. gamboa gets dropped more because of his carelessness rather than "chin problems", at least in my opinion. we'll see what happens in his coming fights if he does in fact move up to 135 to face these bigger guys.

Comment

Gamboas chin has been serviceable up to this point..... But two candidates I think could pull it off would be Uchiyama and Broner

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        i think gamboa is done with 126. i'm not sure what he'll be doing next though, cause he's been calling out broner and then there were rumors about bradley/gamboa which is crazy to even think about. i think gamboa should have one more fight at 130 and then move up to 135 and see what he can do there. garcia's chance to fight gamboa has sailed imo.
        as for this thread, i don't recall gamboa ever being really hurt after a KD. he has gotten knocked down quite a few times, but he's gotten back up and came back to win (obviously) everytime. gamboa gets dropped more because of his carelessness rather than "chin problems", at least in my opinion. we'll see what happens in his coming fights if he does in fact move up to 135 to face these bigger guys.
        Robert Garcia said they would entertain a Gamboa bout at 30

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
          My point abuot that is that Gamboa gets dropped by all these lesser fighters, and I think Salido himself dropped him didn't he? I forgot. An elite fighter finishes him off.
          True, but it appears to be an issue of recklessness more so than his chin at times. Against Garcia, he'd have to bring his A game, but if he does, I don't see many being able to deal with skillset.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            MJ beat me to it. A fight between them at 130 would be great, especially if they each won a title there first.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              that sounds good. i thought mikey was asking for it at 126 since he just grabbed the wbo title. does salido have a rematch clause against mikey? i hope not. arum and 50 can certainly make gamboa/garcia at 130. we'll see what happens.

Comment

that sounds good. i thought mikey was asking for it at 126 since he just grabbed the wbo title. does salido have a rematch clause against mikey? i hope not. arum and 50 can certainly make gamboa/garcia at 130. we'll see what happens.
                Salido has already stated he's looking at 130, a fight in his hometown, then a shot at Rocky Martinez. Garcia's options at 126 are a bit sparse right now, big name wise, until some 122 pound fighters move up. Chris John, but he's not leaving Indonesia to fight Mikey in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ
                  I like dude but hes too ****y for his own good lol... damn near everytime I see him box he takes a lotta clean power shots throughout the the fight and ends up on the ground at some point at least once lol

I dont think he'll last too long if he keeps it up. Dude has basically no regards for defense
                  Tito Trinidad didn't last long either.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Salido doesn't seem too warm to the idea of a rematch with Garcia..... Instead preferring to hit 30 and go after Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      Salido has already stated he's looking at 130, a fight in his hometown, then a shot at Rocky Martinez. Garcia's options at 126 are a bit sparse right now, big name wise, until some 122 pound fighters move up. Chris John, but he's not leaving Indonesia to fight Mikey in the US.
                      Returned the favor

Comment

Working...
                      X