Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been a couple of months now. Can we be honest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't notice because

1. I was caught up in the moment of a long reigning dominant champion losing

2. It was tense knowing Wlad can end the fight at any given moment

On the replay I can see how it's boring because that tension is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ. View Post
      That fight was terrible, most boring **** ever. Only ppl that would say it wasnt are fury fanboys who act like he put on some masterclass boxing performance.
      'he made klit look bad' ' fury made him not throw punches doe'
      it really was a candidate for the worst fight of all time.

watching a fat oaf dancing round him occasionally slapping wlad then doing a silly face for 11.5 rounds.
      then wlad decides to throw a couple of punches... fury couldnt even stop a gun shy glass jawed 40 year who even left his chin dangling when he spun around, and feather fisted 'fury' couldn't even drop him.
      just awful.

what's worse is i will watch the rematch in the hope of it not being able to be any more boring.
      and it probably will be.

Comment

You go into a Wlad fight expecting boring and that fight made it on to Wlad's worst fights list which is pretty infamous company.

You could tell right away that Wlad needed to let his right hand go, and he just didn't except for a hand full of times.

Comment

Dollar for dollar Manny vs Floyd was worst, $100 for that ****. I paid no extra money to watch that bore fest that was Wlad vs Fury.

Comment

I watched it once and thought it was horrible. So a couple of days later i searched for highlight videos to see if there was something I missed. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Dollar for dollar Manny vs Floyd was worst, $100 for that ****. I paid no extra money to watch that bore fest that was Wlad vs Fury.
              Hmm.

As I watched MayPac, I saw a pure boxing clinic. I saw Manny Pacquiao domesticated, timid in the face of a guy who in theory had the best opportunity of repeating Marquez's sleep shot.

I think people - likely Roach - put that fear in his head. I think he was afraid to get knocked out.

In my opinion, Grabomir Clinchko hasn't had an "exciting" fight. Every fight I've seen, it's basically this all night long.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                I didn't notice because

1. I was caught up in the moment of a long reigning dominant champion losing

2. It was tense knowing Wlad can end the fight at any given moment

On the replay I can see how it's boring because that tension is gone.
                I agree. I wasn't bored during the fight, but only because Fury was winning and what was at stake. I tried watching it again later and dozed off.

You have to give Fury props, he fought the perfect fight to beat a guy who was Heavyweight Champ for a decade. But I hope his post-Klitchko fights are a more action packed than that.

Comment

Fury-Klitschko was crap, i'm happy that wlad lost because he's been boring for a while now. but actually they both deserved to lose that fight. awful

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    Fury-Klitschko was more boring than Mayweather-Pac. The only reason people liked this fight is because Fury won. If Pacquiao had won and the fight went the same way people would not be calling it boring. I understand Fury made history but that was one of the worse fights of last year.That fight was only slightly better than Rigodeaux-Fransisco. That fight was horrible. Post a highlight video of the fight if you think I'm wrong.
                    I don't think people thought liked the Fury-Klitschko fight at all. It was a bore. People liked what followed the fight but the fight itself will forever be remembered as a nearly punchless snooze fest.

So I disagree with your conclusion that if Pacquiao had won people would have thought the fight was exciting.

Comment

Wasn't that bored during the fight live as Fury was actually winning. That was exciting in and of itself

Boring or not, it was the greatest win in a long time in boxing. Ive seen posts hyping up Wilder as the HW champ on the basis that Fury-Wlad was boring... but its just an example of NSB humour I suppose.

The ultimately irony here though, a supposedly extremely boring fight has brought major excitement back to the HW division.

Comment

Working...
                      X