Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Cotto using the MX gloves against Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's simple, when Floyd heard "MX Everlast gloves" he had flashbacks of the Cotto fight and everything that came with it. Including the bloody nose. So he said **** that ****, not again.

Comment

cotto resto'd and margarito'd floyd and floyd survived! he really is the greatest

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
        after that fight he was saying that was the hardest he's ever been hit and that he wanted to quit because of the pain ....
        This is why he doesn't want another opponent to wear them again. He got a taste of what real boxing is like and prefers to remain a fraud lol. Disgusting coward.

Comment

the cotto fight was at 154, so the gloves were also slightly larger

I don't think Floyd ever cared about gloves til he felt those custom blue everlast mx gloves that maidana was going to use

apparently the padding distribution was off so Floyd overreacted and now believes its only due to it having horse hair

tl:dr Floyd is ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by Interloper View Post
            Cotto has used Everlast MX gloves since the Yuri Foreman fight.

Floyd is doing this because Maidana is a puncher and could potentially stop him with puncher's gloves. It's mind boggling that nobody puts a stop to this. He's basically making up the rules as he goes along, and the officials seem to do whatever he says, because he generates revenue.
            Technically Floyd isn't making the rules

Maidana isn't being forced to do anything, it's a contractual stipulation
            In fact maidana could've worn the red MX gloves in the last fight but decised to take 1.5m and wear powerlocks

what is Floyd gonna do if maidana doesn't agree to the glove situation, cancel the fight? maidana should stand firm on the gloves

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              the cotto fight was at 154, so the gloves were also slightly larger

I don't think Floyd ever cared about gloves til he felt those custom blue everlast mx gloves that maidana was going to use

apparently the padding distribution was off so Floyd overreacted and now believes its only due to it having horse hair

tl:dr Floyd is ignorant
              Apparently according to who though? Floyds a known liar so I'm more than certain the gloves were fine. But since everyone was touching the gloves, that particular pair had to be discarded, not because there was anything wrong with them.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                Technically Floyd isn't making the rules

Maidana isn't being forced to do anything, it's a contractual stipulation
                In fact maidana could've worn the red MX gloves in the last fight but decised to take 1.5m and wear powerlocks

what is Floyd gonna do if maidana doesn't agree to the glove situation, cancel the fight? maidana should stand firm on the gloves
                Yea, refuse floyds demand and be black balled by Haymon. That's smart.

Comment

floyd is such a lil b1tch

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
                    I am thinking in the rematch it might make sense. First off, Maidana made a mil and a half in their first fight and it's not like he will get a third fight with Floyd unless he wins. So this is his last big paycheck, he can say the hell with it I don't care if I get blackballed in my next fights, I won't be making near the same amount of money anyway so I might as well wear my gloves, knock Floyd out and have another million dollar fight against him.

I think that could be a nice strategy, money isn't everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
                      lol black balled? Talk about crazy speculation, care to cite a source?

That's an incredible assumption

Comment

Working...
                      X