No announcement yet.

Why oscar is working with TR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why oscar is working with TR

After reading about al haymon and gbp it is very obvious that every fighter we know of as house hold names besides canelo in gbp are already free agents or are nearing the end of their contracts gbp is literally going to be left with nothing this is why oscar is now working with bob arum he needs him badly. According to articles on fight hype and few others and also from gbp roster who now marks al haymon fighters with an ah this is what oscar will be left with by the beginning of 2015. [AH] Al Haymon fighters that will be leaving gbp or already are free agents. ALl haymon contracts end by the year 2015. In a way i was hoping oscar would keep something

JUNIOR BANTAMWEIGHT

Ivan Morales
    BANTAMWEIGHT

Cesar Seda
    Randy Caballero
    JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT

Cristian Mijares
    Diego de la Hoya
    Joseph Diaz Jr.
    [AH] - Leo Santa Cruz
    Manuel Avila
    Santiago Guevara
    Yoandris Salinas
    FEATHERWEIGHT

[AH] - Abner Mares
    Braulio Santos
    Daniel Ponce De Leon
    [AH] - Gary Russell Jr.
    Jayson Velez
    Joseph Rodriguez
    Julian Ramirez
    Rene Alvarado
    Ronny Rios
    JUNIOR LIGHTWEIGHT

Francisco Vargas
    Sergio Thompson
    Vicente Escobedo
    Will Tomlinson
    LIGHTWEIGHT

Abner Cotto
    Adan Mares
    Jamie Kavanagh
    Jeffrey Fontanez
    Jorge Linares
    [AH] - Omar Figueroa Jr.
    Roberto Manzanarez
    Sharif Bogere
    JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHT

[AH] - Adrien Broner
    Antonio Orozco
    [AH] - Danny Garcia
    Erik Morales
    Fidel Maldonado Jr.
    Frankie Gomez
    Humberto Soto
    Jairo Castaneda
    Johan Perez
    [AH] - Lamont Peterson
    [AH] - Lucas Matthysse
    Mauricio Herrera
    Michael Perez
    Pablo Cesar Cano
    Roberto Ortiz
    Zab Judah
    Zachary Ochoa
    WELTERWEIGHT

[AH] - Amir Khan
    [AH] - Devon Alexander
    Jesus Soto Karass
    Jorge Silva
    [AH] - Keith Thurman
    [AH] - Luis Collazo
    [AH] - Marcos Maidana
    [AH] - Paulie Malignaggi
    [AH] - Robert Guerrero
    Sadam Ali
    [AH] - Victor Ortiz
    JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT

Alfonso Blanco
    Alfredo Angulo
    Eddie Gomez
    [AH] - Erislandy Lara
    Gerardo Ibarra
    [AH] - Jermell Charlo
    Phil Lo Greco
    Saul Alvarez
    MIDDLEWEIGHT

Anthony Ogogo
    [AH] - Daniel Jacobs
    [AH] - Peter Quillin
    SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT

D'Mitrius Ballard
    [AH] - Librado Andrade
    Marco Antonio Periban
    Yamaguchi Falcao
    LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

Bernard Hopkins (free agent)
    [AH] - Enrique Ornelas
    HEAVYWEIGHT

[AH] - Deontay Wilder
    [AH] - Seth Mitchell

This is the source if anyone was wondering
    http://www.fighthype.com/news/article17183.html

Golden Boy will be left with a few prospects/up-and-coming fighters, not much besides.

I am not too familiar, is Richard Schaefer's beef with Top Rank in general or just Bob Arum? How about Floyd Mayweather?

It's interesting to see how this all pans out. I assume Oscar will rebuild once replacing Richard, then in the next year or so Bob Arum will be out of the game, and it is looking like Schaefer will set up with Al Haymon.

Comment

I don't know if people are getting dumber and dumber or what.

Where do you think these fighters going to go? These are not all Mayweathers and Pacquiaos and Canelos and Cottos. Just like average people in the streets, these fighters need fights. Otherwise, their families will starve to death.

I don't get all these stupid concerns. Worse case scenario, Oscar will be fine. He's a millionaire. Even then 2 PPVs a year, GBP will still survive. What about the fighters?

Comment

We wait and see ,its interesting that BHOP hasn't come out about this. Decisions can be a mutha !!

Comment

Oscar got played. Hopefully he'll be able to keep something going. looks like Canelo is the only fighter that is fully loyal to him.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
            Oscar got played.
            That's true. Schaefer made his name in this sport off the back of Oscar's drawing power.

Comment

Al Haymon signed GBP fighters have no where to go if they leave GBP. GBP a top 2 boxing promotion, do you really think signing with Mayweather Promotions or something will be better for them.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                I don't know if people are getting dumber and dumber or what.

Where do you think these fighters going to go? These are not all Mayweathers and Pacquiaos and Canelos and Cottos. Just like average people in the streets, these fighters need fights. Otherwise, their families will starve to death.

I don't get all these stupid concerns. Worse case scenario, Oscar will be fine. He's a millionaire. Even then 2 PPVs a year, GBP will still survive. What about the fighters?
                I'm with you on this. Al Haymon is an "advisor" who sells the "free agency" concept. So maybe these young fighters think, "Screw promoters! I'm signing with Al Haymon as a free agent and get paid all that I earn!" What they don't seem to get is Haymon is a middle man with his hand in their cookie jar too. They still need promoters to make and promote their fights. the only real difference seems to be that they don't have to sign long term contracts with a promoter. But what about Haymon? How long and how much are they paying him? How much of their purses does he get? It would be interesting to see the terms under which they sign with him. Is he really a promoter in disguise?

Comment

Oscar still has zab Judah and Eddie Gomez

BOSS

Comment

Goddamnit this **** is so stupid. Boxing has literally turned into WWE w alliances and rival promotion companies and cable networks unwilling to work with each other. No wonder the average citizen doesn't give a rat's ass about this sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X