Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will go down as the better player Magic Johnson or LeBron James?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion.
    i know i am.

you can claim jordan to be goat, don't really give a crap.

but don't come talking like it's jordan only and not debatable because that's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      nope.

i know your type.

first time you talked nba here, you claimed to be a diehard bulls fan.

now all of a sudden cp3 and griffin comes along and you're a "longtime" clippers fan.

typical know nothing casual fan.

jordan was goat and shaq was most dominant big man right? lmfao
      I was a huge Bulls fan back in the day but not so much anymore. I'm not a Clippers fan, they have a very talented team that's fun to watch. I like watching the Clippers play. Jordan is the GOAT and Shaq isn't even the best center I've ever seen. Hakeem Olajuwon is the best center that I ever had the pleasure of watching. I will never forget the way Hakeem humiliated David Robinson and Shaq in the '95 playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        i know i am.

you can claim jordan to be goat, don't really give a crap.

but don't come talking like it's jordan only and not debatable because that's crap.
        If you want to make an argument for Jabar, I can see that. Magic, nope I don't think it's close.

Comment

1987: Michael Jordan averaged 37 points 5 rebounds 5 assists 3 steals 2 blocks

Magic Johnson averaged 24 points 6 rebounds 12 assists 2 steals 0.5 blocks

Jordan was 2nd in MVP voting behind Magic that year. Only difference being Magic was playing with hall of famers Kareem Abdul Jabbar (who is a top 3 player of all-time) and James Worthy. Also had defensive player of the year Michael Cooper and all-star A. C. Green.

Jordan played with a starting line up of Dave Corzine, Brad Sellers, Charles Oakley and John Paxson. His best team mate was Charles Oakley in his second year who averaged 14/13 on 44% shooting. At best Oakley was a borderline all-star in New York 7 years later.

http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/c..._nba_stars.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            1987: Michael Jordan averaged 37 points 5 rebounds 5 assists 3 steals 2 blocks

Magic Johnson averaged 24 points 6 rebounds 12 assists 2 steals 0.5 blocks

Jordan was 2nd in MVP voting behind Magic that year. Only difference being Magic was playing with hall of famers Kareem Abdul Jabbar (who is a top 3 player of all-time) and James Worthy. Also had defensive player of the year Michael Cooper and all-star A. C. Green.

Jordan played with a starting line up of Dave Corzine, Brad Sellers, Charles Oakley and John Paxson. His best team mate was Charles Oakley in his second year who averaged 14/13 on 44% shooting. At best Oakley was a borderline all-star in New York 7 years later.

http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/c..._nba_stars.htm
            IMO you can't compare the two, they play different positions & they have different approach of the game

they're both great at their own expenses and saying one is better than the other is a moot point

and how can you be so childish with this comparisons? and here i thought Kswizzy is the only shallow one in this

Comment

Magic Johnson absolutely has a case for being better than Jordan. He, Kareem, and Jordan are the people that should be considered as far as GOAT. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Comment

Jordan wasn't the GOAT. Media manipulation at it's finest. People acting like Magic, Kareem, Russell and Chamberlain never existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
                  Jordan wasn't the GOAT. Media manipulation at it's finest. People acting like Magic, Kareem, Russell and Chamberlain never existed.
                  Chamberlain? F*** Chamberlain.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Chamberlain? F*** Chamberlain.
                    I hate to sound cliche but numbers don't lie. Yeah the league was different back then but the numbers he put up speak for themselves.

I mean shyt one year the guy averaged 50 points, 25 boards and they didn't track them back then but historians say he pretty much averaged about 10 blocks a game if not more. Him and Russell were damn near averaging triple doubles.

4 Time MVP, 2 rings. He has a case imo. Russell though is the most disrespected athlete Ive seen as of late he gets no credit from anyone in the media. Everyone rides Jordan. Its not Jordan and everybody else alot of athletes are up there with him if not past him.
                    Last edited by Priest Andretti; 11-16-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                      IMO you can't compare the two, they play different positions & they have different approach of the game

they're both great at their own expenses and saying one is better than the other is a moot point

and how can you be so childish with this comparisons? and here i thought Kswizzy is the only shallow one in this
                      How is the comparison childish? Please explain...

Comment

Working...
                      X