Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico..

Little blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico: Outrage after government rushes to help her after photo goes viral on social networks

She could be any one of a thousand impoverished Mexican children who sell gum of beg for money on the street in dirty clothes except for one thing - her blonde hair.
    The flurry of internet attention to the photo, and the quick way officials reacted, has renewed a debate about racism in Mexico, a nation that is proud of its mestizo heritage but where millions of indigenous people live in poverty and passers-by often barely notice the dark-skinned children begging in the street.
    The controversy started last week when a Facebook user posted a photo of the girl standing next to a rear-view mirror on a Guadalajara street.

'We need to see a white girl to worry about kidnapping, trafficking of children and child exploitation,' wrote human rights activist Yali Noriega. 'I've never seen photos of Indian children or simply dark-skinned kids circulating on the Internet with people asking others to help them'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...profiling.html

nancy grace where you at?

im not suprised. very typical of mexicans.

Comment

Wow I must have been living under a rock. Since when has there been a race issue in mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy360 View Post
        Wow I must have been living under a rock. Since when has there been a race issue in mexico?
        there's race issues in every country.

even of the same race.

Comment

Maybe she's related to that white mexican boxer....I think they call him Canelo.

Comment

here is the pic, somebody thought the girl was kidnaped or something and put to beg for money, police picked the mom whos white with green eyes also... i dont think we have a race problem in mexico, its more like a "status" thing, theres prejudice against ignorant and poor people, its a class thing..

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post

here is the pic, somebody thought the girl was kidnaped or something and put to beg for money, police picked the mom whos white with green eyes also... i dont think we have a race problem in mexico, its more like a "status" thing, theres prejudice against ignorant and poor people, its a class thing..
              theres a race bias problem in the whole latin america....

Comment

white spanish latinos are always seen as superior in latin america as opposed to the mostly native american descended ones..

if they are dark and mayan or mexica looking then people consider them 'ignorant' and 'chunts'

look at Univision and Telemundo nothing but white people, mostly [spanish decent]

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                  white spanish latinos are always seen as superior in latin america as opposed to the mostly native american descended ones..

if they are dark and mayan or mexica looking then people consider them 'ignorant' and 'chunts'

look at Univision and Telemundo nothing but white people, mostly [spanish decent]

this...............

Comment

same thing happens in America, every single year we hear about some white girl being kidnapped or gone missing, the media goes crazy over it. i cant think of a single asian/mexican/black/indian etc. child that has gotten that kind of attention.

Comment

Working...
                    X