Amir Khan Not Considering Retirement; Responds to Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan Not Considering Retirement; Responds to Froch

Taken from BBC Sport:

Amir Khan has dismissed suggestions that he should retire after losing his WBA light-welterweight title with a fourth-round defeat by Danny Garcia.
    Khan also lost to Lamont Peterson in December and IBF super-middleweight world champion Carl Froch said his boxing career was now "a write-off".

But 25-year-old Bolton fighter told BBC Sport: "I'm not talking about retiring, I'm still young, I've got a lot in me.

"I'm still hungry and I'll come back a lot better and a lot stronger."

It was the third setback of Khan's career following a first-round knockout against Breidis Prescott in 2008 and the Peterson result.

Froch claimed that if he was in the same position as his compatriot, he would hang up his gloves .

But Khan responded: "Carl's always got his little things to say and I'll leave it to that really. If he wants to retire he can retire.

"I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition and I'm a bigger name than him. That's what burns him really.

"People are going to say things after this fight but people said things after the Prescott fight and you see how I came back from there."
    Last edited by yoz; 07-16-2012, 01:33 AM.

not yet hes not but after his next brutal KO he will be. which should happen again soon.

Comment

I'll give him 3 more brutal KO's

Comment

''I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition'' = This ridiculous **** right here is why I hate A mere con, what a delusional, glass jawed ar5ewipe this ***** is.

Err what an annoying little runt.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          not yet hes not but after his next brutal KO he will be. which should happen again soon.
          only newbs think a couple kos and you retire.

boxers retire when they're past it or can't make any more money.

khan has a bad chin, sometimes he'll get koed. that's boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            ''I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition'' = This ridiculous **** right here is why I hate A mere con, what a delusional, glass jawed ar5ewipe this ***** is.

Err what an annoying little runt.
            he is in a tough division.

you just get emo with things he say because you don't like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornwall View Post
              only newbs think a couple kos and you retire.

boxers retire when they're past it or can't make any more money.

khan has a bad chin, sometimes he'll get koed. that's boxing.

And they also retire when they cant a take a punch without looking like a newborn calf

Comment

Originally posted by koloyrus
                Yeah Danny Garcia is better opposition than Ward etc. LOL
                yeah ward is great.

but you think there's more talent at 168 than 140?

Comment

Khans in a tougher division.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    And they also retire when they cant a take a punch without looking like a newborn calf
                    he's had china his whole life. still put together a nice run.

he can put together another one.

hell makes his fights more interesting. you never know when his opponent can put him to sleep at any time.

Comment

Working...
                    X