No announcement yet.

Casamayor vs Juan "baby bull" Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casamayor vs Juan "baby bull" Diaz

According to another website these two will fight on MARCH 3 for a WBA/WBC unification fight on Showtime.

Who do you got?
    Diaz via K.O.
    5.56%
    Casamayor via K.O.
    13.89%
    Diaz via DECISSION
    50.00%
    Casamayor via DECISSION
    30.56%

The poll is expired.

OH man, that's a tough one. I can't choose. Pick'em.

Comment

Diaz is fresher, I wasn't too impressed with Casamayor the last time out but he brings alot of experience to the table. My gut says Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Topic View Post
        Diaz is fresher, I wasn't too impressed with Casamayor the last time out but he brings alot of experience to the table. My gut says Diaz.
        But I have a sneaking suspicion that Diaz may not be that good to begin with. He is the future of the 135 division but I don't think he would live with prime Freitas, Corrales, Castillo etc. heck even Old Casamayor may put a whipping on him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCol View Post
          But I have a sneaking suspicion that Diaz may not be that good to begin with. He is the future of the 135 division but I don't think he would live with prime Freitas, Corrales, Castillo etc. heck even Old Casamayor may put a whipping on him.
          The guy's hands worked like pistons but no serious power.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCol View Post
            Diaz is the real deal, atleast thats what I can see from the guys hes fighting. Its hard to get a real guage on him yet cuz hes been fighting a lot of slow guys who stand and trade with him. You need to make Diaz use his feet and set up his offense cuz he don't like to do that a lot.

But this guy is sick, believe that.

Comment

If the fight goes through I got Diaz by very convincing decision.

Casamayor is still a good fighter but he has declined in recent years and it's been a long time since he fought a fighter who will bring alot of pressure and alot of hands like Diaz will.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Topic View Post
                Diaz is the real deal, atleast thats what I can see from the guys hes fighting. Its hard to get a real guage on him yet cuz hes been fighting a lot of slow guys who stand and trade with him. You need to make Diaz use his feet and set up his offense cuz he don't like to do that a lot.

But this guy is sick, believe that.
                I agree with your assessment. It's hard to guage on him also because that high guard is working great because he has been faster and technically better then all of his opponents. I'm not sure that high guard of his is going to work against Casamayor's slick southpaw style. Casamayor's style of 1-2-3 punch combinations and then out may fool Diaz - at least that is my sneaking suspicion. If Diaz passes with flying colours he is the 'real deal', but until then he's just a prospect, IMO.

Comment

I could see the "Baby Bull" outworking Casa.

But what's interesting to see is how the "Baby Bull" can deal with Casa if he gets dirty.

Comment

I see a UD for the future, Juan Diaz. I think he easily outworks Casamayor and makes him look old. But I think Diaz is gonna have to bleed and swell to prove he's the real deal in this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X