Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Calzaghe's Return, Canelo, Juarez-Litzau II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somebody tell me what the point of calzaghe coming out of retirement for a rematch with b-hop? the first fight wasnt great,hopkins does not have the punch output at his age to beat joe.yes calzaghes had a lay off,and the coke thing could be a worry but the guy is naturally fit and by all accounts still trains regularly, albeit not as hard as before.does this give the edge to hopkins? no.does this fight prove anything? no.does anybody want to see it? not many.its a nonsense.when calzaghe wins people will expect him to stay on and fight somebody like dawson,bute or the super 6 winner.he wont do that so the whole thing is a waste of time if you ask me.stay retired joe..

Comment

Calz would beat Hop again. Hop has not looked good since Pavlik. He's old, man. He needs to walk away before one of these kids puts it on him. It will happen, no matter how good you are. Nobody beats the hands of time.

As for Joe, I want him to fight Dawson, who for some reason he NEVER mentions. Yet he mentions Pavlik (what a joke). I hope he doesn't cherry pick, because I will lose all respect for him if he fights Hopkins and then Pavlik. Fight Dawson and then Paul Williams or Andre Ward. Him and Froch have business, too. Bute is out there. Lots of compelling showdowns. Like I said, I just hope he's not going to cherry pick two easy W's and then run away.

Comment

Juarez-Litzau II makes sense, I don't like how the first one ended.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          Thats odd that alvarez will fight on that date.All the attention will
          be on the world cup.
          Nah bro, that's huge.....

Schaefer :
          " Televisa in Mexico is going to do a special for Canelo - tying it in with the world cup soccer finals ".

All the attention will be on HIM !!

Schaefer :
          " It's amazing to have this guy fight right before or after the World Cup Soccer finals ".

Canelo couldn't have dreamed for a bigger stage than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Artiau View Post
            With the layoff I doubt Joe is anywhere as good as he was.
            hop beats him this time round ?

Comment

A couple of notes here.

1. The Rocky Juarez "in Houston" comment made me chuckle. I like Rocky, but we all know how it works in Houston. Schaefer is trying to secure a win by having the Litzau rematch in Houston.

2. What is Winky Wright's deal? "Winky is going to wait it out". I quote the great Chris Farley movie "Tommy Boy". "Anyone who decided to wait it out, will be just that, out! You're either growing or you're dying, there ain't no third direction". Doesn't Winky remember how he became a top fighter? He fought anyone, anytime, anywhere, for any amount of money. How did a fighter who never could draw flies to **** have such an attitude of entitlement? Hey Wink, you've fought twice in the last four years, and you lost both times!
              I'm actually one of the few Winky Wright fans but his whole "holding out for the big fight" thing is laughable.

3. As for Calzaghe-Hopkins 2, I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
                hop beats him this time round ?
                Calzaghe just wants to line them up....

Comment

thats all it is,a quick ring return to pick off a 7 years past his best hopkins.steal some money from fight fans and back into retirement,if it happens at all. naseem hamed spent about 5 years announcing his comeback,some people just dont like being out of the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Artiau View Post
                    With the layoff I doubt Joe is anywhere as good as he was.
                    There is no way JC loses to a black boy. Boy being the more operative word....

Comment

Fighting Juarez in his home town Houston is not a good idea(ask Chris John about his first fight against Juarez in Houston which ended in a draw)...Juarez will not loose in Houston, no matter how bad he get's beaten.Especially when they put Texas judges or pro-Texan fighter judges(like Gale E. Van Hoy) & refs from Texas especially from his home town Houston like ref Rafael Ramos who was totally pro Juarez in the Jorge Barrios fight(which was also in Houston)....If the fight is in Houston or even Texas, Litzau should not take it...

Comment

Working...
                      X