Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder if Wlad would still be fighting if he hadn't hired Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Wlad would still be fighting if he hadn't hired Steward?

Wlad used to be a much more exciting fighter before Steward. Problem is, he left himself too vulnerable like he did in the Sanders fight. He didn't jab nearly as much and threw a lot more bombs, which led him to gas late in fights like the Purrity one. My guess is, he would've been KO'd a couple of more times and probably retired by now. As it is, even though he's already 33, he shows no signs of slowing down (like his older brother) and will probably be a top fighter for at least 3 more years. I just can't see how he would've lasted that long without Steward in his corner.

I agree, I think he would have gotten knocked out again if he hadn't hired Steward, I doubt he'd be where he is now without him.
    Last edited by Silencers; 04-21-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      I agree, I think he would have gotten knocked out again if he hadn't hired Steward, I doubt he'd be where he is now with him.
      I mean on the one hand he'd get a lot more credit if he blew through a relatively weak era stopping everyone in one or two rounds. I just don't see him winning his last 10 that way, or continuing to fight after he gets brutally ko'd a couple more times.

I'm kinda curious to see how he deals with Haye's pressure, if Haye is actually able to apply any after he gets hit with that shotgun jab a few times. David will def be set for life if he's able to pull off the upset.

Comment

Corries Sanders was EXPLOSIVE.. he had deceptive reach and awesome hand speed.. When he got tagged.. he would always come back with more.. Some people took advantage of that.. others got taken advantage of..

whatever you do .. you cannot discredit the man.. except for not taking boxing seriously enough..

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          I mean on the one hand he'd get a lot more credit if he blew through a relatively weak era stopping everyone in one or two rounds. I just don't see him winning his last 10 that way, or continuing to fight after he gets brutally ko'd a couple more times.

I'm kinda curious to see how he deals with Haye's pressure, if Haye is actually able to apply any after he gets hit with that shotgun jab a few times. David will def be set for life if he's able to pull off the upset.
          I agree again, he would have gotten credit for blowing through his opponents but I doubt he would have been able to.

Definitely, Haye would be very well off if he beats Klitschko, fights another Klitschko and if he beats the other Klitschko, fights Klitschko again, lots of money for him there.

Comment

I cant wait for the economy and therefor the NBA to collapse so we can have good heavyweight fighters again.

Comment

Working...
            X