No announcement yet.

So I've been catching up on some Steve Cunningham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've been catching up on some Steve Cunningham

Up until a year ago, I thought this dude was British. Thats how much I cared about the CW division. Thats not to say I didn't follow him because I thought he was British, I just subconsciously associated his name with being British. Anyway, he's pretty damn good. Why hasn't he gotten some shine from Boxing fans? He's got skills, he's entertaining to watch.

Interview after his loss to Adamek

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    Up until a year ago, I thought this dude was British. Thats how much I cared about the CW division. Thats not to say I didn't follow him because I thought he was British, I just subconsciously associated his name with being British. Anyway, he's pretty damn good. Why hasn't he gotten some shine from Boxing fans? He's got skills, he's entertaining to watch.
    Adamek whooped his ass and dropped him 3 times. Cunningham showed a lot of heart getting up from the knockdowns and fighting back, he showed his skills and landed a lot of big punches, but Adamek has an iron chin, he was unphased and kept coming forward. The was the fight of the year IMO. Hopefully they have a rematch in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2K9 View Post
      Adamek whooped his ass and dropped him 3 times. Cunningham showed a lot of heart getting up from the knockdowns and fighting back, he showed his skills and landed a lot of big punches, but Adamek has an iron chin, he was unphased and kept coming forward. The was the fight of the year IMO. Hopefully they have a rematch in 2009.
      I didn't post anything opposite of what you stated. But before Adamek was in the CW division, there was Cunningham. Just curious as to why he didnt get much love from fans as the champ.

Comment

I didn't post anything opposite of what you stated. But before Adamek was in the CW division, there was Cunningham. Just curious as to why he didnt get much love from fans as the champ.
        hes from killadelphia

Comment

think cuz he been fighting over in euroupe.....plus it was a year of not fighting before he fought adamek.....

Comment

i've always wondered why david haye never fought him....

Comment

Because Haye was the champ and not Cunningham. Haye was champ until like April until it was vacant and Cunningham was top dog. Cunningham, like every other don king fighter, doesn't fight for a long period of times and fans forgot about him.

Adamek hardly whooped his ass. I had it 6 a piece, but those knockdowns sealed it. For 2 of those knockdowns, Cunningham dropped his hands or threw to wide and he paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                Because Haye was the champ and not Cunningham. Haye was champ until like April until it was vacant and Cunningham was top dog. Cunningham, like every other don king fighter, doesn't fight for a long period of times and fans forgot about him.

Adamek hardly whooped his ass. I had it 6 a piece, but those knockdowns sealed it. For 2 of those knockdowns, Cunningham dropped his hands or threw to wide and he paid for it.
                Yeah after Bell beat Mormeck for the first time the IBF striped Bell because he rematched Mormeck, Cunningham then had a fight for the vacant IBF title against Wlodarczyk and lost he then won a rematch. Meanwhile Mormeck beat Bell for the WBC WBA and Ring belts and was then beat by Haye so Haye was the true cruiserweight champ and Cunningham was just a paper belt holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2K9 View Post
                  you've got be kidding. nobody, and I mean nobody in the business has rated that higher than Vazquez-Marquez III OR Cotto-Margarito

Comment

Working...
                  X