No announcement yet.

Lara has nothing to offer GGG. So....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara has nothing to offer GGG. So....

Why are people saying he should contact GGG and make an offer? Offer what? The only thing Lara has to offer is a willingness to fight. GGG is the clear A-side. Any fight with Lara would be fought on GGG's terms. A-sides pick who they fight. Oscar offered his opponents the chance to fight him. Floyd offered his opponents the chance to fight him. Pacquiao offered opponents the chance to fight him. The A-side has always offered the B-sides the fight. I recall GGG going after Lemieux and offering him the fight. As well as Monroe Jr. Since when do B-sides call and offer terms to fights? The Lara fight has more buzz than a Jacobs fight because Jacobs doesn't seem interested in fighting GGG. Lara is on an active media campaign to fight GGG. He did the same with Canelo and Canelo's people contacted Lara and offered him the fight. According to Loeffler he hasn't been contacted since Canelo vacated the belt. Their goal is to unify so they're almost there. If the BJS fight doesn't happen why not Lara?

I can confirm that nothing has been forthcoming from Golden Boy since they informed the WBC of their decision," Loeffler exclusively told World Boxing News.

"We are still hopeful that the fight with Canelo can be made and are open to continuing the discussions as soon as Golden Boy are ready and willing to do so.
    http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/5/24...-hit-the-skids
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 05-31-2016, 10:12 AM.

You gotta be more up to date with the ggg-canelo situation. They've (team ggg) already said they're set to resume negotiations early june due to the lawsuit. But now that we know how much theh want lord knows how long it'll take to settle or if they just agree to pay out or what.

But still... bjs flat out refused Ggg already and Jacobs fights in july which means this september is impossible. Lara is the biggest available name..didn't really take a lot of damage and unless canelo-ggg takes place Lara is all that's there. Gilberto Ramirez has been mentioned but GGG would have to gain some weight.. Which can be bad for him in thesense that IF (at the end of the day we have no real details) Canelo and GGG ARE trying to get the fight done and the lawsuit is the only thing in the way I don't think it'd be smart to fight zurdo and potentially have to come back down below 160 for Canelo..so I dont think a 168er is viable with the Canelo fight seemingly within their grasp. Lara is perfect especially if they have some sort behind the scenes type deal/agreement with team canelo. If its under 160 he can come in light vs Lara and work from there to drop another 2-3 pounds if the Canelo fight is at 155 or so.

Lara makes too much sense in the absence of Canelo since we know Jacobs and BJS arent willing or able for Sept. Lara is a bigger name than both BJS and Jacobs in the states and lets be honest...all three are equally favored to lose vs GGG. Take the spoiler...work on bjs for the winter/early 2017 in the UK and if he doesnt have Canelo by 5 de mayo weekend next year it's not gonna happen ever and he can just move on with Lara's and BJS' scalps to Jacobs and Zurdo.

GGG doesn't have a lot of options but he does have a path that he can follow with or without the canelo fight. Zurdo becomes a bigger fight if he beats Canelo as well... Throw Zurdo on the undercard or co headline for GGG-Chavez Jr cinco de mayo weekend if Canelo doesn't materialize and you got GGG officially fighting mexicans on the main holidays. If he does fight Canelo he's got rematches and then that path.

Comment

Lara barely squeaked by a medicore Vanes. Lara would last only a couple rounds with Golovkin. Did you people not see that Lara can no longer move very well? He is on the decline. I wouldn't mind the fight as a stay busy fight for Golovkin if Canelo or Saunders refuse to fight him, but it isn't exactly worth clamoring for.

Comment

[QUOTE=NearHypnos;16753751]You gotta be more up to date with the ggg-canelo situation. They've (team ggg) already said they're set to resume negotiations early june due to the lawsuit. But now that we know how much theh want lord knows how long it'll take to settle or if they just agree to pay out or what.

The quote I posted said the same thing. They're open to ongoing negotiations

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        But still... bjs flat out refused Ggg already
        “Golovkin’s team say to the public that they’ve offered me the fight but we never even had an offer, money was discussed, nothing else.
        http://goo.gl/gYutCE

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Why are people saying he should contact GGG and make an offer? Offer what? The only thing Lara has to offer is a willingness to fight. GGG is the clear A-side. Any fight with Lara would be fought on GGG's terms. A-sides pick who they fight. Oscar offered his opponents the chance to fight him. Floyd offered his opponents the chance to fight him. Pacquiao offered opponents the chance to fight him. The A-side has always offered the B-sides the fight.
          its never a bad idea to personally make a call in order to seperate "serious interest" from "internet sabre rattling". It would only take 60 seconds to call Loeffler and say "we are serious about wanting the fight and for $xx we could get it done".

And I say this from personal experience, as it is exactly how I got Bradley-Campbell made back in the day. I called Gary Shaw, let him know we (Campbell) wanted the fight, and he told me he would check with Showtime and call me back. It took us roughly 3 days to get the fight signed, and most of that was just waiting for Don King to sign off on it lol

Comment

Lara offers one thing:

Proof that Golovkin is not going to be exposed by a slick defensive boxer.

However, I have this sneaking suspicion that the same posters calling for Golovkin-Lara will ultimately decide that he was too small, fight Ward doe, blah blah blah (although I really hope that fight does take place at 168).

Comment

Lara brings nothing to the table as far as fan base, ticket sales, or TV ratings. Plus he is going to want to be paid top dollar. He's the kind of fighter that wants everything but brings nothing. GGG doesn't need him and there's absolutely no reason for GGG to do Lara this tremendous favor.
              Last edited by Outwest Exp 355; 06-04-2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                its never a bad idea to personally make a call in order to seperate "serious interest" from "internet sabre rattling". It would only take 60 seconds to call Loeffler and say "we are serious about wanting the fight and for $xx we could get it done".

And I say this from personal experience, as it is exactly how I got Bradley-Campbell made back in the day. I called Gary Shaw, let him know we (Campbell) wanted the fight, and he told me he would check with Showtime and call me back. It took us roughly 3 days to get the fight signed, and most of that was just waiting for Don King to sign off on it lol
                That's understandable but my problem with K2 and Loeffler is they're always waiting on phone calls. When they do make calls it's to Willie Monroe Jr. I'm against Jacobs fighting Mora and everyone says Jacobs isn't talking about fighting GGG but if GGG wants that fight he should have his people call Haymon. Loeffler has stated he has a good relationship with Haymon and negotiations with Wade went smooth. As we can see with the Saunders situation the negotiations never went past talking about money. Somehow a story got out that Saunders was offered $5-$6 mil and turned it down. That was never confirmed by Waren or Loeffler. BJS said he was only offered $1 mil. We hear everybody is afraid of GGG buy you as a former promoter knows the right amount of money will erase that fear. The Canelo and Cotto fights (big money fights) are the only two fights I've seen them go after aggressive. Then there's talk of continuing negotiations with Canelo but if their goal is unification the Canelo talks should be cancelled and full steam ahead with Saunders. If no Saunders or Jacobs I don't want to hear a fight with Blanco is scheduled when Lara is begging for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
                  Lara offers one thing:

Proof that Golovkin is not going to be exposed by a slick defensive boxer.

However, I have this sneaking suspicion that the same posters calling for Golovkin-Lara will ultimately decide that he was too small, fight Ward doe, blah blah blah (although I really hope that fight does take place at 168).
                  They are only one division apart and Golovkin isn't a big middleweight. Anybody saying Lara is to small DKSAB. That would be like saying Ward is to small for Kovalev. It's stupid. Plenty of fights have been made with a fighter moving up one division.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                    Lara barely squeaked by a medicore Vanes. Lara would last only a couple rounds with Golovkin. Did you people not see that Lara can no longer move very well? He is on the decline. I wouldn't mind the fight as a stay busy fight for Golovkin if Canelo or Saunders refuse to fight him, but it isn't exactly worth clamoring for.
                    vanes is a better fighter than Monroe, Adama, Rosado and company that the can man has been feasting on.....

hell no name, mandatories have lasted a couple of rounds...would be nice to see him in with some one who has fought on a championship level before fighting for his belts...i.e. dominic wade who is a friggin prospect not a contender.

Vanes, Lara, Canelo, Lee, Quillin, BJS, Charlo Bros, Andrade, and Eubank are all a step up from the no name manadatories

Comment

Working...
                    X