Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Roberto Duran Would Have Kicked Floyd Mayweather's Ass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castillo 1 many people feel Floyd lost. Maidana 1 was a life or death struggle for Floyd. A shot Oscar won 5 rounds. Do you really not think the Duran who beat Sugar ray 1 would not be on floyds chest every minute of every round hitting body arms hips then head. Winning on tko or volume dec win. Wake up children

Comment

Originally posted by chavmex View Post
      For all of you who are so Floydantized! Here is one question If Jose Luis Castillo kicked Floyd's ass, what do you guys think Duran would of done?

Floyd is good no denying it, but he is like Chavez, he was in an era where there wasn't much to choose from?

To me Floyd is below Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Duran and maybe Benitez!

Some fans want to show the no mas Duran, forgetting that Duran was the best light weight champion ever, that Duran on his 1st fight with Leonard was unbeatable, on that night no one could of beating Duran!

Tell me one night that you said WOW! Floyd beat a heck of a fighter on his prime and considered the best of his time?
      Duran is an all time great. He was really killing everyone until he stepped in the ring with some real brothers and Ricans and we all know what happened. Whats funny is Duran record between those fighters you mentioned is 1-5.

Comment

Floyd on his worst night wins 116-112, on his best night it's no mas.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
          Castillo 1 many people feel Floyd lost. Maidana 1 was a life or death struggle for Floyd. A shot Oscar won 5 rounds. Do you really not think the Duran who beat Sugar ray 1 would not be on floyds chest every minute of every round hitting body arms hips then head. Winning on tko or volume dec win. Wake up children
          Duran beat Sugar Ray once. Lost twice and quit once. Duran quit again against Pat lawlor and got knocked out by Hearns.Also got beat by a drunk. Anybody can play the nitpick game
          Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 03-26-2016, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Top Rank CEO Bob Arum has promoted a lot of fighters in his 50 run in the sport. Arum recently admitted that he always regretted that he never got the opportunity to promote former three division world champion Felix 'Tito' Trinidad.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            Don't always agree with Arum, but completely agree with this.

Comment

Only fighter I would 1000% put my money on to whoop Floyd is Sugar Ray. Ray is taller and has a longer arm reach, still think his hands were faster than Floyd's. Combine that and his pop and you have a nightmare for a defensive/counter punching fighter. Duran beating Ray was the worst thing that happened to him, he went food and coke crazy in NYC, who knows maybe the Duran from before that fight with the hunger could've done something but skills wise..Money goes to Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                beat sugar ray once. lost twice and quit once. quit again against pat lawlor. knocked out by hearns.Also got beat by a drunk. Anybody can play the nitpick game
                Outboxed by Dejesus, Benitez and Laing too.

Duran was one of the greatest fighters that ever lived but I don't know why people act like he can't be outboxed, he clearly CAN be outboxed.

Mayweather has tools that would trouble Duran, but then Duran has tools that would trouble Mayweather. That's why it would be a great fight and that fight would have one of the most ridiculously high levels of skills on show from both men.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Outboxed by Dejesus, Benitez and Laing too.

Duran was one of the greatest fighters that ever lived but I don't know why people act like he can't be outboxed, he clearly CAN be outboxed.

Mayweather has tools that would trouble Duran, but then Duran has tools that would trouble Mayweather. That's why it would be a great fight and that fight would have one of the most ridiculously high levels of skills on show from both men.
                  So much this.

Comment

From pillar to post.

Off course no argument there Bob.

Floyd had a hard time with Berto lol

Comment

Originally posted by chavmex View Post
                      For all of you who are so Floydantized! Here is one question If Jose Luis Castillo kicked Floyd's ass, what do you guys think Duran would of done?

Floyd is good no denying it, but he is like Chavez, he was in an era where there wasn't much to choose from?

To me Floyd is below Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Duran and maybe Benitez!

Some fans want to show the no mas Duran, forgetting that Duran was the best light weight champion ever, that Duran on his 1st fight with Leonard was unbeatable, on that night no one could of beating Duran!

Tell me one night that you said WOW! Floyd beat a heck of a fighter on his prime and considered the best of his time?
                      Not to mention, Floyd had a hard time dancing with Berto too lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X