Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm confused. Wasnt GGG 100% supposed to fight canelo cotto winner? Im confused what

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confused. Wasnt GGG 100% supposed to fight canelo cotto winner? Im confused what

I am confused what happened. I thought he took a step aside so that he can get the winner of cotto and canelo yet now instead of fighting canelo both ggg and canelo will be making voluntary defenses? WTF?

Are you dumb? Wbc does what ca Nelo wants they even stripped cotto for him

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
      I am confused what happened. I thought he took a step aside so that he can get the winner of cotto and canelo yet now instead of fighting canelo both ggg and canelo will be making voluntary defenses? WTF?
      Read some articles you'll get it. But in case youre lazy team ggg doesnt cant golovkin on the shelf that long. They want him active and fighting he himself wants to fight 3 or 4 tiimes a year and the wbc would like to hype the fight a bit more so it kinda makes sense for each to get a voluntary.

Comment

Wbc

it's the WBC man...the most corrupt organization in Boxing.. What did you expect?

Comment

Because GGG agreed to step aside. He could've forced Canelo to vacate the belt if he didn't fight him next but that would've left to much money on the table. You see in the other thread Danny Garcia is being killed for talking honestly about he busniness of boxing. Boxing fans don't want to hear honesty and the truth. The truth is all fighters are in this for the money, as they should be. Instead of coming out and saying, "Hey. We could strip Canelo of the title right now and continue on our mission to collect all the belts but we'd be leaving to much money on the table for GGG and for K2. We'll step aside again and make a couple of dollars and then cash in in September." But instead the fans want to hear, "We've come to an agreement to let Canelo defend in May. We'll stay active until the fight in September."

Comment

It isn't that confusing. For a fight to happen both parties must agree to it and Canelo has not agreed to fight GGG at 160 pounds. Canelo may have to forfeit his WBC middleweight title to GGG but he doesn't care. Canelo himself is who brings in the big money fighting any good fighter. He doesn't really need the WBC middleweight belt after his win over Cotto. He is the star, belt or no belt.

Comment

lil G too scared to step to CANELOLUJAH! right? the terms are out there all he has to do is accept, but he wont he rather fight Tureano Johnson. Thats what these new era dudes do and all you casuals fall for it, they call out big names and then go fight nobodies and they do this over and over till you guys just believe them.

Comment

If Cotto had won yes

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
                  Canelo basically made it clear that he was ready to vacate the WBC 160 belt, if they weren't on board with Canelo having his own voluntary fight on Cinco De Mayo. Everyone in the room knew that, so they made sure that Canelo got his fight.

Post fight, Canelo will sit down with his camp, look to see what fights he wants to have and what fights give him the best opportunity, and they'll decide the next fight then. If Alvarez-Golovkin is the biggest fight and most interesting fight, Canelo will make that fight; if it's not, Canelo will go back to the WBC, let them know that there's another fight that he'd rather take, and make the WBC decide what they want to do with their belt.

Golovkin, unless he can do something to significantly raise his profile in the interim, will likely be handed another title belt, while Jacobs/Eubank Jr/Lee-Saunders winner battle it out, "testing iron against iron".

Comment

Working...
                  X