No announcement yet.

Kellerman Disrespectful Stunt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
    Max kellerman is P4P #1 analyst out there. He is my fav. He just tells it how it is and won't be intimidated. There was a rumor LOONG time ago that he once sparred with floyd mayweather back in 2005-06 or something like that and knocked him out cold in sparring. Not sure though.
    LMAO. wtf? Did you just make that up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryit View Post
      Yeah have to agree here, he didn't force anybody to read what he texted lol, since when is sending somebody a text an egotistical move?

Regarding Max's egotism, I am not just referring to this stunt, but his whole career and character; yes considering the context of when the text was sent it is egotistic of Kellerman to do what he did. It was sent during a live broadcast, during a time when Lampley is working, and Merchant is the commentator for this specific fight He would not send a text during a live broadcast unless he wanted it read so as to interject himself into a broadcast in which he was not a part of.

Considering the fact that he and Larry were battling for the same job and Larry was temporarily let go and Max was given Larry's job, yeah it was a **** move. Plus I would not put it past this ambitious, overzealous, arrogant Max to ask Lampley to read it out loud.

Name one fighter, trainer, or commentator, sports/boxing reporter who has ever said they like Max or respect him. The sports press's true opinion of him came out when Merchant was let go and he was given Merchant's job. Every boxing, sports writer came out against it and they all concluded that Kellerman was undeserving of the job and that he was basically an ******* with a big mouth and no credentials to back it up. Hell, Teddy Atlas routinely showed his disdain for Kellerman when Kellerman was on FNF's. At least Larry is a real sports writer/commentator, with decades of boxing writing and reporting behind him. Kellerman has never written a boxing article, never written anything. He just thinks his big mouth qualifies him as a boxing analyst. So what if he is a member of the boxing "whatever". That proves nothing. Let's let Kellerman's own predictions stand for themselves. He constantly is on the losing end of his predictions. I remember when he was claiming Zab Judah was the next Roy Jones. He's a con and he is the perfect example of this young generation's attitude. You don't have to earn your position, you just have to speak loud enough and get your face on TV and that makes you qualified.
      Last edited by jbp23; 03-18-2012, 01:24 AM.

Comment

^^^So you moved the goalposts? Either way, no one's going to read all that.

Comment

Originally posted by jbp23 View Post
          I don't try to hide it, but I can't stand Max Kellerman. I think he is a blow hard, know-it-all, who tries to monopolize the entire broadcast. Not one boxer, trainer, or announcer likes him or respects him. Now that being said what he did tonight is one of the reasons no one likes him.

This was Larry Merchant's night as one of the commentators and for Max Kellerman to text Jim Lampley in the middle of the broadcast to give his 2 cents worth opinion on who is the top fighters of the world are was out of line. As if his opinion is gospel. For him to inject himself in tonight's broadcast when he was not asked to nor was he part of tonight's announce team just shows what a self centered egotist he is. This was very disrespectful to Merchant who never interferes when its Kellerman's turn to announce a fight.

I think Larry Merchant took offense to this, as he should, when he said something like, Kellerman's list is the official list, and he laughed in a sarcastic tone (forgive me but I forgot the exact words he used).

HBO PLEASE FIRE KELLERMAN!
          Agree 100%. I can't stand Kellerman. Very disrespectful guy.

Comment

Max is whats up, drunk and bitter Larry needs to be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by jbp23 View Post
              I don't try to hide it, but I can't stand Max Kellerman. I think he is a blow hard, know-it-all, who tries to monopolize the entire broadcast. Not one boxer, trainer, or announcer likes him or respects him. Now that being said what he did tonight is one of the reasons no one likes him.

This was Larry Merchant's night as one of the commentators and for Max Kellerman to text Jim Lampley in the middle of the broadcast to give his 2 cents worth opinion on who is the top fighters of the world are was out of line. As if his opinion is gospel. For him to inject himself in tonight's broadcast when he was not asked to nor was he part of tonight's announce team just shows what a self centered egotist he is. This was very disrespectful to Merchant who never interferes when its Kellerman's turn to announce a fight.

I think Larry Merchant took offense to this, as he should, when he said something like, Kellerman's list is the official list, and he laughed in a sarcastic tone (forgive me but I forgot the exact words he used).

HBO PLEASE FIRE KELLERMAN!
              If you think Max should be fired for texting or tweeting his buddy during the broadcast, you should be banned for starting this disrespectful thread as well. If anything Jim Lampley was very unprofessional & disrespectful reading that text. He shouldn't even have his phone turned on during the broadcast.
              Last edited by game20ver; 03-18-2012, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
                ^^^So you moved the goalposts? Either way, no one's going to read all that.

I am sorry do the words have too many syllables for you? Typical dumb lazy American, too lazy to read one paragraph or maybe just unable to to concentrate since you probably have ADD (which is a kind way of saying your an idiot)

Comment

Kinda confused at what the TS is crying about lol I was watching Sky Broadcast

but I like Kellerman a lot more then I do Merchant...that is for sure!

How hard is it to ask for an announce team that is FAIR! For Example...LIKE SHOWTIME! Gus Johnson is equally excited for BOTH FIGHTERS when he calls a match and Tarver and Bernstein calls it like they SEE IT, they don't make up STUFF nor do that CRY AND COMPLAIN like HBO announces does, your trying to get people to SUPPORT BOXING, HBO TEAM pushes people AWAY FROM BOXING! The entire broadcast is very Bias and Negative!
                  Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 03-18-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

I pay very little to no attention to what those commentators say. I'm too busy watching the fight. Sometimes I even hit mute and score the fight without listening to favoritism they play at times.

Now, the only time I do make sure I'm paying attention is at the post fight interview and to be honest, I think max Kellerman does a hell of a job at asking questions. Even on FACE-OFF he does a great job.

If he sent that text then yeah maybe it might have been a lil self centered but that doesnt bother me, the pound for pound list is a great debate and he wanted to jump in just like any other boxing fan would.

Comment

Originally posted by game20ver View Post
                      If you think Max should be fired for texting or tweeting his buddy during the broadcast, you should be banned for starting this disrespectful thread as well. If anything Jim Lampley was very unprofessional & disrespectful reading that text. He shouldn't even have his phone turned on during the broadcast.
                      Yeah Kellerman, the hog commentator, who always tries to monopolize the broadcast, who tries to quote Twain and Frost but always mangles it, did not want his text read. Of course he wanted it read out loud otherwise why would he have sent it in the first place. He knows its a live broadcast and its Merchants turn to call a fight, but he just can't stand not being at the center of things. He has always been that way. Yeah that's right I have no respect for Kellerman, he has not earned ****. How many boxing articles has he written? 0. He is no reporter otherwise he would have written articles on boxing. He's just a know-it-all, with no credentials. That's why boxing reporters, commentators, boxers, trainers, all despise him. During this day of age all it takes is a big mouth to get on tv or radio and that qualifies you as an expert. And anyone who respects Kellerman more than Merchant just proves my point that Kellerman's lazy, unqualified way of doing things reflects the attitude of Americans. They don't have to work hard, and that they all deserve to be rich and that they are special and deserving just because they were born in America. Americans who respect Kellerman who just shoots his mouth off over Merchant who earned his way up the ladder just proves my point.
                      Last edited by jbp23; 03-18-2012, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X