Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigo showed vulnerability. Who's gonna man up and fight him at 122?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigo showed vulnerability. Who's gonna man up and fight him at 122?

In 2013, Rigo's performance against Marroquin was -for the most part- the reason why Donaire agreed to face him. He was then seen as a highly skilled but vulnerable fighter. I even remember Robert Garcia and boxing fans saying stuff like "Donaire will stop Rigondeaux easily", "Marroquin hurt him with a left hook: Donaire + left hook + Rigo + weak chin = Donaire destroys him. We might be in the same situation right now.

These knockdowns were legit, not due to balance or anything. No excuses. The second knockdown was caused by clean punches that hurt Rigo and not by a push like it was written in the article here. When the fight is easy and under his control against an inferior opponent he tends to go in autopilot mode (as said by a poster in a thread about the fight) and he can be hit (Marroquin, Amagasa). Key word is of course "inferior opponent". I don't think he would ever do that against a boxer considered as a threat, where he needs to bring his A-game and be focused at all times - see Donaire fight -.

Do you think this fight will help Rigondeaux get the likes of Frampton, Santa Cruz, Quigg, etc.?

LOOKS LIKE HE BEAT THE GUY WITH A HAMMER

Comment

None of them will fight him.

Nothing has changed. He will tax all of them.

He has offered to fight Santa Cruz two weeks from now and still won't get it.

Comment

Comment

The only fighter at 122 that MIGHT beat Rigo is Frampton.

I'll still put my money on Rigondeaux.

Anyone else at 122 is a no hoper.

Comment

Working...
          X