No announcement yet.

Ebola outbreak in Africa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
    For one hundred million dollars, you have to spend a week right in the middle of where everybody's getting infected. Would you do it?
    For 100Mill I would

It has incubation period of 2-3 weeks, and if you catch early, i.e. high fever and you treat that, you give your immune system a chance to fight the infection. Survival rate jump up in these occasions.

were talking 100Mill, had you said 1Mill it would have been a different story

Comment

Yep, at airports and borders, they check you for fever or high temperature before you can pass. They say you have to show signs of infection before you can transmit the virus.

They keep you hydrated and pump you full of vitamins to help your immune system, seeing as how that's one of the 1st things the virus attacks. Then it starts breaking down your internals.

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
        Worse is the cleared an African dr to go home after taking an experimental drug. And has now died
        I read about that. That's another thing that's perplexing studies about it. It's inconsistent to an extent. They don't know why some people die and some don't. (mortality rate for west African strain is 60-90%.) 40% of new cases have been in the last 3 weeks!

But as i said, it is evolving and mutating, and doctors and experts in the field of disease are frantic to know what is going on with that. As far as i know, none of the previous strains of Ebola showed any signs of evolving or mutating, so that has helped them in containing it.

Comment

Cut off immigration from West Africa imo..

Comment

Originally posted by Resilient View Post
            Cut off immigration from West Africa imo..
            And any Muslims

Comment

Working...
            X