Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes you can just never tell how evil some slags are...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    17 year olds are well aware of their actions and consequences they can cause.
    So should the age of majority be reduced to 17?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      So should the age of majority be reduced to 17?
      16 seems fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        16 seems fair.
        Teenagers are morons. Should put the age of majority up to, say, 28.

Comment

Well, this is upsetting.

Comment

Look, I understand the concept of juvy and adult; but, anytime the death of another is involved and it is not "accidental" in nature, the consequences should be more serious, otherwise, you are devaluing the life lost......and you are sending a message to the minority of truly demented individuals out there below the age of 18, that they can "get away with it" because they are minors.

Serious crimes deserve serious consequences, to send a message to the public as/much as to punish the guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
              Look, I understand the concept of juvy and adult; but, anytime the death of another is involved and it is not "accidental" in nature, the consequences should be more serious, otherwise, you are devaluing the life lost......and you are sending a message to the minority of truly demented individuals out there below the age of 18, that they can "get away with it" because they are minors.

Serious crimes deserve serious consequences, to send a message to the public as/much as to punish the guilty.
              So you're saying that the fact that we deem juveniles to be less capable than adults at making decisions should be abandoned whenever their alleged crime is upsetting enough?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                So you're saying that the fact that we deem juveniles to be less capable than adults at making decisions should be abandoned whenever their alleged crime is upsetting enough?
                I'm saying when a life is taken, common sense must take precedence. Obviously, the girl was close enough to 18 to be just on the cusp of being "legal" for she had a birthday. Letting her off the hook because she was "technically" a minor is pure idiocy.

Now, if she had been 13, perhaps a different story. Part of the problem with the Ameican judicial system is the complete lack of common sense it employs from time to time. This time, they got it right. The fact that she immediately began posting these fundraising campaigns, and "love" pages fort the boy and such is clearly indicative of precognition. Are you suggesting she had some age-enhanced revelation the moment she turned 18??

Allowing criminals to get off on technicalities such as a few month time gap in her legality is preposterous.
                Last edited by K-DOGG; 03-04-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Social media makes cowards brave, makes people avatars. To these desensitized people, snuffing out a soul is almost as effortless as pressing delete. Death by keystroke....nothing personal about it.
                  Those are very strong statements KD. I just want to clarify what you mean by "makes people avatars". On your 2nd sentence I quoted, any number on frequency of occurrence per year?

Comment

I'm saying when a life is taken, common sense must take precedence. Obviously, the girl was close enough to 18 to be just on the cusp of being "legal" for she had a birthday. Letting her off the hook because she was "technically" a minor is pure idiocy.

Now, if she had been 13, perhaps a different story. Part of the problem with the American judicial system is the complete lack of common sense it employs. The fact that she immediately began posting these fundraising campaigns, and "love" pages fort the boy and such is clearly indicative of precognition. Are you suggesting she had some age-enhanced revelation the moment she turned 18??

Allowing criminals to get off on technicalities such as a few month time gap in her legality is preposterous.
                    There is no uniformity in human's mental development so it's not easy to decide a particular age to make him/her suffer the consequences of his/her actions and put that into a law that divides who are responsible and who are not. It's a tricky decision that requires a lot of thinking.

Historically, despite the absence of the communication technology that we enjoy nowadays, there have been cases of children killing children, the stat of is what I'm interested with.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                      Those are very strong statements KD. I just want to clarify what you mean by "makes people avatars". On your 2nd sentence I quoted, any number on frequency of occurrence per year?
                      What I mean is twofold. It makes a cyber-representation (like my chimp statue) of people, in that it desensitizes, or dehumanizes the "victim" and conversely agrandizes the perpetrator, thus creating an alter-ego who is not as accountable for the actions of the puppet master brushing the keys.

In other words, it create a virtual world, like in a video game, for people. I know you as "kadyo" and see you as Manny Pacquiao......this is not who you are; but it is a degree of psychological separation. Manny is your avatar...

Make sense?

Comment

Working...
                      X