No announcement yet.

Galaxy S5 Teaser (MWC Thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy S5 Teaser (MWC Thread)

New device will be revealed next Monday, Feb 24 at the Unpacked Event. Here is a new teaser video that was posted regarding the Galaxy S5. This is definitely be my next phone. I had the S3 and lost it. Still mad about that, and now I'm stuck with this old Galaxy Nexus. But anyways, looking forward to this phone. I had the chance to get the Note 3 and the Nexus 5, but I really wanted another Galaxy S device.

I hope Samsung really brings it on this device. I still have the S3 but I didn't feel the S4 was a worthy upgrade.

It was a slight spec boost and an extremely heavy OS. Ffs, on a 16gb model you only got around 7gb of actual storage.

That's absurd.

I'm also not feel the knox security. Seems like Samsung doesn't like the rooting community. Kit kat has better RAM management, I can only hope the S5 utilizes that and the OS gets compressed. This is why there's lag on touchwiz.

I'm looking forward to this reveal and the reveal of the Oppo Find 5. If I'm not too impressed, I'll definitely get a white Nexus 5.

Comment

Water proofing would be good perhaps

Let's see what comes from it

Comment

Originally posted by Krewella Boyy View Post
        I hope Samsung really brings it on this device. I still have the S3 but I didn't feel the S4 was a worthy upgrade.

It was a slight spec boost and an extremely heavy OS. Ffs, on a 16gb model you only got around 7gb of actual storage.

That's absurd.

I'm also not feel the knox security. Seems like Samsung doesn't like the rooting community. Kit kat has better RAM management, I can only hope the S5 utilizes that and the OS gets compressed. This is why there's lag on touchwiz.

I'm looking forward to this reveal and the reveal of the Oppo Find 5. If I'm not too impressed, I'll definitely get a white Nexus 5.
        If it is good, then I will get Pure Android version. I like my S4, even with Samsung stuff on it because I use most of it, but the choice of stock is good too.

That's why I like Android, we have choice.

With other brands, we are limited to one device ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by SamuelLJackson View Post
          If it is good, then I will get Pure Android version. I like my S4, even with Samsung stuff on it because I use most of it, but the choice of stock is good too.

That's why I like Android, we have choice.

With other brands, we are limited to one device ONLY.
          Well apparently, Sammy is cutting down on their bloatware and staying truer to pure Android. I have to see it first before I believe it though. But if they do, they may not come out with a Pure Android variant. It's too early to tell though, guess we will see.

Comment

Everything will be confirmed on Monday, but here are what the leaks are saying.

These leaked phone cases leaked on Amazon and they are made for 2 different S5's. A prime (metal) and a standard version.

Prime

Standard

Comment

That was the most pointless video.

I'm psyched to see what this phone will bring to the table. I have a Galaxy S4 and love it. I'm not eligible to upgrade until September so I might skip out on the S5 and wait for the S6. I'm on the new every year program with AT&T but I just got this phone in September.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                Everything will be confirmed on Monday, but here are what the leaks are saying.

These leaked phone cases leaked on Amazon and they are made for 2 different S5's. A prime (metal) and a standard version.

Prime

Standard
                I wonder if it is easy to remove the back on the metal version? I'm all for metal!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                  That was the most pointless video.

I'm psyched to see what this phone will bring to the table. I have a Galaxy S4 and love it. I'm not eligible to upgrade until September so I might skip out on the S5 and wait for the S6. I'm on the new every year program with AT&T but I just got this phone in September.
                  Yea, my wife has the S4. I love it. Again, I'm still upset I lost my S3. But with this new one releasing, I'll be good. The leaks (which will be confirmed or denied soon) say that the Standard version will release in March. But I don't want that one, I want the Prime version but they are saying that will release in June. Mannnnn I can't hold on to this galaxy Nexus for that much later, it's so out of date!

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                  I wonder if it is easy to remove the back on the metal version? I'm all for metal!!
                  Good question. They have been saying all along that Samsung will change their design, but them using metal? Would be nice if they did.

Comment

Yea, my wife has the S4. I love it. Again, I'm still upset I lost my S3. But with this new one releasing, I'll be good. The leaks (which will be confirmed or denied soon) say that the Standard version will release in March. But I don't want that one, I want the Prime version but they are saying that will release in June. Mannnnn I can't hold on to this galaxy Nexus for that much later, it's so out of date!
                    Yeah man, I bet you're ready for an upgrade!! Sucks you lost the S3. Hopefully, for your sake, they release the Prime sooner than June. If it is released in June, I might grab it as it will still be somewhat fresh in September when I can upgrade.

Good question. They have been saying all along that Samsung will change their design, but them using metal? Would be nice if they did.
                    I've heard them talking about metal for a while. It is nice to be able to remove the back and pop the battery out so easily, though this is a feature that I seldom use. I'd definitely sacrifice that for a metal back. As long as it's still fairly easy to get the back off with a couple of screws or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X