No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Opens As 10-1 Favorite Over Rigo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
    This is taken from Betfair, which is a public betting exchange. It's NOT a bookmaker.

What this means is that INDIVIDUALS are offering these odds. As a result, both fighters are odds-on at terrible rates because those are the only offers out there at the moment. These odds mean nothing until others get involved.

Appalling journalism.
    That would explain it

Comment

This is taken from Betfair, which is a public betting exchange. It's NOT a bookmaker.

What this means is that INDIVIDUALS are offering these odds. As a result, both fighters are odds-on at terrible rates because those are the only offers out there at the moment. These odds mean nothing until others get involved.

Appalling journalism.

Essentially, I could go on Betfair now and offer 1-9 on Donaire and 1-2 on Rigondeaux and be the best odds. Like I say, it means nothing until either more people start offering odds on Betfair or the actual bookmakers start a market.
      Thanks for clarifying that.

Comment

No problem, pals.

Should really just lock the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Because those are the numbers they believe they need to attract roughly equal money on both side, I would also assume that is a typo and meant to be a +.

People saying what the odds should be, it isn't about actual chances it is about how people bet and Rigondeaux is much less known thus will draw in far less action. IF you like Rigondeaux you should bet on this fight, period because Nonito will be a bigger favorite than he deserves to be, purely on recognition (or dumb money).
          If you had to guess, what do you see the odds being as the fight draws near?

Comment

Why wouldnt Nonito be a 10 to 1 favorite? Nonito is box office. Rigos alright but I wouldnt bet on him from a betting standpoint. He might be the best fighter that Nonito has faced to this point. But that doesnt mean he has a chance of winning either. The gap between 1 and 2 at that weight is rather large is all that means. Go ahead and place your bets on Rigo. Its just dead money.

Comment

What this means is that INDIVIDUALS are offering these odds. As a result, both fighters are odds-on at terrible rates because those are the only offers out there at the moment. If Donaire is 1-10, you'd be expecting Rigondeaux to be 6-1, not the 10-21 that he is currently. These odds mean nothing until others get involved.

Appalling journalism.

Essentially, I could go on Betfair now and offer 1-9 on Donaire and 1-2 on Rigondeaux and be the best odds. Like I say, it means nothing until either more people start offering odds on Betfair or the actual bookmakers start a market.
              Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by TheHook84 View Post
                As a new person to this forum, I wish people would be more objective. This shows that Nonito as a 10-1 favorite isn't getting more respect on this forum. It seems to me Nonito has a lot of haters that are jealous of what he was accomplished and that he was ESPN's and BoxingScene's 2012 Fighter of the Year. I just hope that after he beats Rigo, he gets the proper respect he deserves because he's getting it from all the boxing experts that actually know something about boxing unlike most of you haters. It also looks like Robert Garcia is already training Nonito.

http://sports.inquirer.net/88907/odd...-vs-rigondeaux

True although that line is laughable. I'm picking Donaire but if I can get 10-1 on Rigo I'll take those odds.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  I'm starting to think you are someone in the Donaire camp.
                  Maybe it's Rachel

Comment

10-1 underdog im dropping 500 on Rigo! But i dont see that anywhere

Comment

10/1 hahahaha.. yea right

Comment

Working...
                      X