Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: If My Children Tell Me To Retire, I Will Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats marquez great fight...but if pac wants a rematch u should give him one...pac gave u 4 fights

Comment

i think Marquez is satisfied with what he has done, i dont see him getting motivated at any type of match

everybody says money talks, but Marquez is a smart man n he knows his legacy is more important then the money, i dont think he will be lure into another boxing fight

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
        I want him to go out being on top so badly... I really do.
        It doesn't really matter to me that much, all the greats have fought pass their prime and have loss to lesser competition because they are over the hill. I would prefer him to go out on top as well but I still think he has some good fights out there that he can win. I would love to see another fight with Pac after how good this last one was. But if that isn't in the cards a fight with Rios would be unbelievable, it would be a tough fight but I am very confident he would win and pick Rios apart with his counter punching, but the styles of those two would make for a fantastic fight, would be like the Diaz fight but better. Also a fight with Danny Garcia would be interesting, would give him the chance to retire as the undisputed champ of a division.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
          Oh hell no. You're not about to screw Manny out of a rematch, after he done gave you 3 ****in chances to redeem yourself.
          Manny bought you that new house we all saw on 24/7. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
          you mean after they robbed him of 3 legitimate victories?

and why you say manny bought him that house? it was all of us who buy his fights, marquez can give him a rematch, but next time he can possibly kill him, that ko was scary... dont let him drag his legacy on the mud... lol

Comment

Marquez should hang them up and call it one as well..going out on top unlike many..he's a legend, HOFer and ATG!..
            Trollin ass ni kka.
            Last edited by Scarcaztic; 12-09-2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
              i think Marquez is satisfied with what he has done, i dont see him getting motivated at any type of match

everybody says money talks, but Marquez is a smart man n he knows his legacy is more important then the money, i dont think he will be lure into another boxing fight
              Thats a b itch move. JMM should give Pac a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
                you mean after they robbed him of 3 legitimate victories?

and why you say manny bought him that house? it was all of us who buy his fights, marquez can give him a rematch, but next time he can possibly kill him, that ko was scary... dont let him drag his legacy on the mud... lol
                By fighting Manny, and Manny saying yes. That in turn bought him that new house he has.

You'll see, once the mortgage starts popping up every month. Hires a bunch of maids and workers for his new crib, he'll sign on the dotted line.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  Oh hell no. You're not about to screw Manny out of a rematch, after he done gave you 3 ****in chances to redeem yourself.

Edit: Manny bought you that new house we all saw on 24/7. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
                  Easy bud, how did he give him 3 chances to redeem himself. The first fight was a draw, the second fight was a close split decision. Then Marquez followed him up to lightweight and took out the two top lightweights in the world. Then finally Pac gave him a chance to redeem himself, but Pac also didn't have many options that could make him more money than a Marquez fight and he also needed to prove that he could beat Marquez decisively. The third fight was once again a very close fight and even more controversial than the second one. Yeah he gave Marquez the opportunity but it made sense financially for Pac and also gave him the opportunity to shut up all the doubters and prove that he really is better than Marquez.
                  And I am big Manny fan. And all that being said I would love to see them get back in the ring, but only if Manny can do it within the year, cause Marquez is gonna be 40 where as Manny will only be like 34.

Comment

Originally posted by Pudgemeister View Post
                    Thats a b itch move. JMM should give Pac a chance.
                    nope its a smart move unlike Pacquiao walking into the right overhand lol

Marquez school him in the 3rd fight n now he knocked his ass out, theres nothing else to prove, he would be risking his legacy if gives him a 5th fight

thats why Marquez is the smarter fighter he wont be force or lure into another fight, unlike Manny he dont have debts or bad habits n dumb contracts

Comment

Seems to me like this fight was taken because of a lack of viable money-making opponents at 147. The top fighters all had fights already and Marquez was seen has a low-risk high-reward fight. Low-risk in that he would put up a tough fight, but was eminently winnable. That beautiful right hand pretty much disproved that theory. If Marquez wants to be known truly as an all-time great, he hangs 'em up.

I can understand the concept of giving Pac a chance to avenge the defeat, but if I'm Marquez, I just absolutely SMASHED your face in. Why bother? That being said, he will make a phenomenal amount of money for a fifth fight, and any number of top welters will see Marquez as a winnable proposition.

This makes me wonder who at welter would really beat him up? How about we hypothesize who would be truly favored to beat Marquez outside of Money? The Ghost? Alexander? Bradley? Berto? I don't think any of these guys would be prohibitive favorites...

Comment

Working...
                      X