No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. Warns Donaire To Stay Away From 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Chavez because he literrally knocked the prime years out of him in one fight. Your honestly saying that the Melrick Taylor that fought Chavez was the same Meldrick Taylor that fought Terry Norris? He even looked like crap against Brown and Garcia.

The facts are that he suffered brain damage from the Chavez fight which affected him for the rest of his career. The Norris fight was just a cash out.
    No it was a brutal fight.... But what I'm saying is he was done at the world level after Norris..... He bounced back from the Chavez fight and won another title at 47 ..... Didn't do the same after Norris.... He actually got knocked out in his very next fight

Are you a fan of the Legendary Nights series???

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      But the minute we start thinking that Russell fighting Dib or Franco is rushing.....then there has to be something wrong with Russell, or that observation. Both are winnable fights that he avoided. Fights that would justify his place and in calling out the elite fighters.
      Only Russell, his camp and his management team know what he's ready for and not ready for at the moment.

Comment

• How is your career over after a brutal loss and you WIN another title???

How is you career not over after a brutal loss and you DON'T win another title???

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          No it was a brutal fight.... But what I'm saying is he was done at the world level after Norris..... He bounced back from the Chavez fight and won another title at 47 ..... Didn't do the same after Norris.... He actually got knocked out in his very next fight

Are you a fan of the Legendary Nights series???
          I can agree with that but my point still stands. The Chavez fight was damaging to him and he took that fight too early in his career.

And yeah I was a fan of Legendary Nights, but I haven't seen the Chavez vs. Taylor episode in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Only Russell, his camp and his management team know what he's ready for and not ready for at the moment.
            Like someone said - it is one thing to call out the Devil, it is another to see him coming.
            Last edited by richardt; 07-05-2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• interesting read.......................

Comment

Working...
              X