Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these SMWs better than Froch and Kessler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these SMWs better than Froch and Kessler?

So what am I crazy or just seeing something in these guys that isn't there or missing something in Froch or Kessler?

When I watched Marcus Johnson and Derek Edwards all I could think was these guys are better than most of the S6 fighters.

I see better technique, better defensive skill, overall more athletic and faster fighters, in addition to a more thought out game plan in terms of trying to bait opponents into traps......see what you think here

So no one cared to chime in on this and I will go totally unquestioned on this issue when I am basically saying Froch and Kessler are not really elite SMWs when you compare their fight back to back with Johnson and Edwards?

Comment

They are more technically sound, if that's what you're asking. Sometimes technique and skill alone don't win fights.

Comment

No they are not

Comment

Kess and Froch arent the best fighters by no stretch of the imagination.

They are crude and rough around the edges. With that said though they hand Johnson and Edwards their ass right now.

Kess and Froch arent the most skilled. Doesnt mean they arent elite.

Comment

Originally posted by We$ley View Post
            They are more technically sound, if that's what you're asking. Sometimes technique and skill alone don't win fights.
            Faster too I think and this Edwards guy is totally unknown just coming out of nowhere.

I mean sure he lost because of his lack of aggression but against a more aggressive fighter with not so good D, he could be a nightmare if he has any kind of a chin.

In the future the loss may not look so bad if Johnson goes on to do meaningful things in the sport.

Comment

Froch and Kessler would still beat them both.

Whoever is in the red/black, he has the hand speed to compete but he still doesn't have anything to make me believe he would beat Froch or Kessler. Any super 6 competitor for that matter. The guy in the gold just flat out moves to slow to ever compete with either, he's a journeyman.

The guy in the red makes me think a lesser Jermain Taylor. Overall they look average to me. They don't do anything that stands out to me, make me go "oh ****, he may make it someday." I just don't see it. Johnson is still young, so maybe he can? As of right now, neither wouldn't compete with any Super 6 competitor, even the guys Johnson's age(dirrell, ward). If anyone of the Super 6 were to fight them, I think they(froch, kess, etc.) would be ridiculed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Froch and Kessler would still beat them both.

Whoever is in the red/black, he has the hand speed to compete but he still doesn't have anything to make me believe he would beat Froch or Kessler. Any super 6 competitor for that matter. The guy in the gold just flat out moves to slow to ever compete with either, he's a journeyman.

The guy in the red makes me think a lesser Jermain Taylor. Overall they look average to me. They don't do anything that stands out to me, make me go "oh ****, he may make it someday." I just don't see it. Johnson is still young, so maybe he can? As of right now, neither wouldn't compete with any Super 6 competitor, even the guys Johnson's age(dirrell, ward). If anyone of the Super 6 were to fight them, I think they(froch, kess, etc.) would be ridiculed for it.
                So you can't see how what I thought crossed my mind?

If you watched them back to back, it would make Froch and Kessler look amateurish in comparison. All they have over either Edwards and Johnson is power from what I see.

I think both fights were around the same time but I held off on making this because you get alot of not so well thought out views on here when fights just happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  So you can't see how what I thought crossed my mind?

If you watched them back to back, it would make Froch and Kessler look amateurish in comparison. All they have over either Edwards and Johnson is power from what I see.

I think both fights were around the same time but I held off on making this because you get alot of not so well thought out views on here when fights just happened.
                  I think that's because fighters like Frock and Kessler sit on their punches where fighters like Edwards and Johnson don't. I'm sure both Edwards and Johnson pack some power but rely more on their speed and skill. Plus, they both have very good jabs.

Comment

Wow Spray. These guys are effin' incredible. Obviously Showtime is dropping the ball here considering these two managed to slip through their fingers.

Heads will roll since its clear they belong in the super 6!!

Comment

Working...
                    X