Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is going to happen to donovan mcnabb for next season?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going to happen to donovan mcnabb for next season?

I like mcnabb but i think this is his last season with the eagles. Kolb's contract is gonna be up and they need to resign him to a big contract and the eagles arent going to pay kolb big to be a backup.

I think the eagles will trade mcnabb to either browns, vikings (depending on what favre does after the season), raiders, and maybe the seahawks for draft picks.

Or they will just release mcnabb and one of the teams i mentioned will pick him up.

time for him to move on & have a fresh start. him & philly fans both.

Comment

PHILADELPHIA -- No. 5 will return to Philadelphia for a 12th season.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said Donovan McNabb will be the team's quarterback next season.

Michael Vick's status remains questionable, however.

Reid sought to squelch speculation about McNabb's future with one year left on his contract.

"That's my call," Reid said Monday when asked who will make the decision to bring McNabb back. "I think he's a great player. His work over the last 11 years has proven that. I truly believe it's a team sport; it's not one guy."

McNabb has failed to lead Philadelphia to a Super Bowl victory in 11 seasons. But he had one of his finest seasons in 2009 before struggling badly in consecutive losses to Dallas. The Cowboys beat the Eagles 34-14 Saturday night in an NFC wild-card playoff game.

After the loss, McNabb said he wanted to return to Philadelphia.

"He got a nice little kick for the next few years here in salary," Reid said.

The Eagles have a $5 million team option available for Vick. He may have increased his trade value with a 76-yard touchdown pass to Jeremy Maclin in the last loss to the Cowboys.

The backup who joined the team before last season after a 2½-year prison stay for his role in a dogfighting ring said Sunday that he continues to hold lofty goals.

"Everybody wants to be a starter in this league and everybody wants to play," Vick said, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. "That should be your goal. The ambition you should have is to want to be great. ... I know I can still play at a high level."

Vick, 29, played a limited role in short-yardage situations in his first year back in the NFL after missing two seasons. He said he would be happy to remain with Philadelphia.

"I would hope so," Vick said, according to the newspaper. "I tried to be the best ambassador that I could be in the community, the best football player that I could be. And that won't stop. I'll continue to do that, and I'll continue to work hard."

Vick said his performance this season spoke for itself.

"I feel like I'm probably better than I ever was in my career, as far as the mental aspect of the game," he said. "Physically -- that will come. That is easy."

The Eagles also have Kevin Kolb on the roster.

Kolb filled in nicely when McNabb got hurt in the season opener. He became the first quarterback in history to throw for 300 yards in his first two career starts.

"I don't want to give up any of them. I like them all," Reid said of the three quarterbacks. "Can Kevin Kolb play in the National Football League? Absolutely. Can Kevin Kolb be a starter in National Football League? Absolutely. The other two guys have proven that. They've been top quarterbacks in this league for years."

Kolb also will enter the final season of his contract.

"We'll look at all this," Reid said. "I haven't gotten to that point where I'm comparing players and contracts. We like Kevin Kolb. We like Michael Vick. We like Donovan McNabb. It's a pretty good situation to be in as we go into the offseason."

McNabb threw for 3,553 yards, 22 TDs and 10 interceptions in 14 games. His passer rating of 92.9 was the third-highest in his career.

In a 24-0 loss to Dallas last week that cost Philadelphia the NFC East title and a first-round bye, McNabb was 20-of-36 for 223 yards. He misfired on a couple of throws, including a deep pass to a wide-open DeSean Jackson.

In the playoff loss to the Cowboys, McNabb was 19-of-37 for 230 yards, one TD and one interception. Most of those completions came late in the game after Dallas had the game in hand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4816179

Comment

he is a great quarterback and he gets way too much ****.. But now the eagles have such a new young offense this is a great time to put kolb in and establish him as the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
          PHILADELPHIA -- No. 5 will return to Philadelphia for a 12th season.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said Donovan McNabb will be the team's quarterback next season.

Michael Vick's status remains questionable, however.

Reid sought to squelch speculation about McNabb's future with one year left on his contract.

"That's my call," Reid said Monday when asked who will make the decision to bring McNabb back. "I think he's a great player. His work over the last 11 years has proven that. I truly believe it's a team sport; it's not one guy."

McNabb has failed to lead Philadelphia to a Super Bowl victory in 11 seasons. But he had one of his finest seasons in 2009 before struggling badly in consecutive losses to Dallas. The Cowboys beat the Eagles 34-14 Saturday night in an NFC wild-card playoff game.

After the loss, McNabb said he wanted to return to Philadelphia.

"He got a nice little kick for the next few years here in salary," Reid said.

The Eagles have a $5 million team option available for Vick. He may have increased his trade value with a 76-yard touchdown pass to Jeremy Maclin in the last loss to the Cowboys.

The backup who joined the team before last season after a 2½-year prison stay for his role in a dogfighting ring said Sunday that he continues to hold lofty goals.

"Everybody wants to be a starter in this league and everybody wants to play," Vick said, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. "That should be your goal. The ambition you should have is to want to be great. ... I know I can still play at a high level."

Vick, 29, played a limited role in short-yardage situations in his first year back in the NFL after missing two seasons. He said he would be happy to remain with Philadelphia.

"I would hope so," Vick said, according to the newspaper. "I tried to be the best ambassador that I could be in the community, the best football player that I could be. And that won't stop. I'll continue to do that, and I'll continue to work hard."

Vick said his performance this season spoke for itself.

"I feel like I'm probably better than I ever was in my career, as far as the mental aspect of the game," he said. "Physically -- that will come. That is easy."

The Eagles also have Kevin Kolb on the roster.

Kolb filled in nicely when McNabb got hurt in the season opener. He became the first quarterback in history to throw for 300 yards in his first two career starts.

"I don't want to give up any of them. I like them all," Reid said of the three quarterbacks. "Can Kevin Kolb play in the National Football League? Absolutely. Can Kevin Kolb be a starter in National Football League? Absolutely. The other two guys have proven that. They've been top quarterbacks in this league for years."

Kolb also will enter the final season of his contract.

"We'll look at all this," Reid said. "I haven't gotten to that point where I'm comparing players and contracts. We like Kevin Kolb. We like Michael Vick. We like Donovan McNabb. It's a pretty good situation to be in as we go into the offseason."

McNabb threw for 3,553 yards, 22 TDs and 10 interceptions in 14 games. His passer rating of 92.9 was the third-highest in his career.

In a 24-0 loss to Dallas last week that cost Philadelphia the NFC East title and a first-round bye, McNabb was 20-of-36 for 223 yards. He misfired on a couple of throws, including a deep pass to a wide-open DeSean Jackson.

In the playoff loss to the Cowboys, McNabb was 19-of-37 for 230 yards, one TD and one interception. Most of those completions came late in the game after Dallas had the game in hand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4816179
          Yeah i saw that article but i dont buy it yet.

Comment

They should send him to Buffalo.

Comment

Donovan's problem is he's not a leader. He doesn't have the competitive drive of someone like Favre or Brees. He's a great player but he's not motivated to be the best and win. But I guess when you get paid $50 million/year, you don't really have to care about winning.

Secondly there is more than just a QB problem with the Eagles. We have so many useless players.

Like Shawn Andrews. The guy is getting paid a ****load of money to sit on the bench the entire ****ing season.

Reggie Brown- The guy has been with the Eagles for years, and I don't know why. He sucks ass.

Westbrook- He's nearing the end of his career. Too many concussions, he was too small even for a RB to begin with, he's gotta go.

Quentin Demps- He was supposed to be Dawkins' successor, but he's anything but.

And the biggest ****ing problem is Andy Reid. He's too emotionally involved with the team and keeps too many guys around that shouldn't be around and he's in the same boat as Donovan in that he's not motivated.

FFS, IMO, the only consisent player on our team is David Akers. That's pathetic.

I'll tell you I'm an an Eagles fan, but the harsh reality is, we suck bad and it's not anything that's hard to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
                Donovan's problem is he's not a leader. He doesn't have the competitive drive of someone like Favre or Brees. He's a great player but he's not motivated to be the best and win. But I guess when you get paid $50 million/year, you don't really have to care about winning.

Where did you pick that fact up from?

...and then you bring up Favre, a guy who struggles late in the season just like Donovan has.

SMH.

Comment

Just be honest and say that you want a Whitey taking snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by BILE View Post
                    Just be honest and say that you want a Whitey taking snaps.
                    I want someone who is motivated to win, who isn't a drama queen grabbing his hamstring after trotting 10 yards, who doesn't laugh pound his chest and say "my fault" or "I got you next time" when he ****s up a play that was easily within his grasp, who doesn't try to take a time out when there aren't any left, someone who isn't clown.

Bret Favre hasn't been struggling near as much as Donovan and even in that event I'm not talking necessarily about performance, but having the desire to win.

Donovan, IMO doesn't have that.

Comment

Working...
                    X